Thread: Missing menu button on Gnome desktop

Missing menu button on Gnome desktop

My dad is having some issue with his Gnome desktop. On his dell laptop running windows 7 he had a configured stop working that caused his menu button to vanish. I tried some of known issue but I was unable to resolve the problem. Can someone tell me how to get it back? Your valuable suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for any suggestion to resolve this issue.

Re: Missing menu button on Gnome desktop

I think that you have forget how to get it back and Try right-clicking on the panel choose "add to panel" furthermore there be supposed to be an option for the menu. So after performing this you will get your entire menu back. I this does not resolve the trouble please let me know. So that I can provide some other suggestion.

I did not understand your problem: If you have no panel, you are able to run the following Code: killall gnome-panel and it disappears as well as reappears, possibly you are asked to delete an item. After running this code you will get back your entire menu back on your laptop. Hope this help you to get rid of your trouble.

Thanks both of you for your valuable suggestion but this do not work for me. Got a configuration error in some way I was judging there is a hidden file which I require to delete. I just consider there was a means to bring back it to the bottom left similar to it was before. For a number of causes there is a file you be able to delete as well as reboot and get it back.

You will be able to right click on empty desktop to view the GNOME desktop menu which includes the entries for common tasks for example creating an application launcher, making anew folder or else systematize the icon display. Bear in mind that new folder entry generates a new directory on your desktop specifically in your GNOME desktop directory.Hope this this information in useful to solve your issue.