Thread: Proxy settings for Nokia Ovi Suite

Proxy settings for Nokia Ovi Suite

I am working with the BPO industry where I am not permitted to access the OVI website. But I guess it would be possible to have access to any website by using the proxy servers. As I don't have much idea about the proxy servers and settings needed to access websites through it. Can you guys suggest me some proxy servers for accessing the Ovi Website but it should be easy to use.

Re: Proxy settings for Nokia Ovi Suite

HTTPort lets you use client software that runs under the TCP / IP by going beyond the limitations that gives you some proxies. The question is: "Are you sure (e) you need it? Indeed, it is possible that your Internet access is not so small as you think. To check, run your client software by setting the coordinates of your current proxy. If you get an error "Error 403 Forbidden ...", HTTPort will help you. Otherwise, the direct use of your proxy will be preferable.

In all cases, HTTPort do is that if you MUST go through a proxy (your company, the ocurrences). HTTPort can assure you, again, a quasi-anonymity with respect to the sites you visit. It does not however allow you to hide the downloads you make or how much time you spend on the Internet with respect to your administrator. That being said, you take your responsibilities and forward to the setup of this little gem.

You must already have 2 information about your proxy:
    • The address (type "proxy.monentreprise.com" or "123.345.678.90")
    • The port number (type "8080", "80" or "3128")

Browser settings
    If you surf the Internet through a proxy, your browser has FORCING these coordinates. Anyway, you should change them.

• For Microsoft Internet Explorer 5:
      Menu utils / Options Internet ... -> Tab 'Connections' -> Settings ... THE YEAR. If the boxes for "Address" and "Port" are empty, click 'Advanced'
      coordinates are on the line HTTP!
    • For Nextscape Navigator 4:
      Edit / Preferences -> 'Advanced' button -> 'Proxies' -> 'Manual Setup'
      and click on 'View'

Note the details of your proxy if you did not, then replace them by:
    - Address: 127.0.0.1 or localhost
    - Port: 8080 (or preferably the same port number as your old proxy)

For setting up HTTPort, first of all start HTTPort and go on the 'Proxy'. Enter in the boxes the old address of your proxy: address in Host name or IP address and port number in Port. If before you enter a password before passing through your proxy, check Authorize and enter your user name in User name and password in password. Choose your browser from the box and User-Agent for the Auto Bypass Mode.

I would take as an example the parameters for the HTTP proxy. Utilisatoin for a SOCKS proxy, mail services (SMTP and POP) or other procedure is the same. Go to the tab 'Port Mapping'. Click External HTTP Proxy. You have to match your port number with the one used by the proxy (Local Port). Go inside the port of your proxy. (Unless it is already 3128). If the port of your proxy and port used by proxy (remote port) are the same (in this case 80), you have to find another proxy to add!