Thread: Linux: No sound in Impress

Linux: No sound in Impress

I have a few PowerPoint presentations. They effort in Windows, but currently I cannot hear the sound in a few of them in Linux and Impress. I have no trouble with the sound in other programs. Anyone knows about this or anyone ever experience this? If anyone have any information about this then please provide. All information regarding this issue is deeply appreciated. So please help me to sort this out.

Re: Linux: No sound in Impress

I was surprised and pleased to discover that Linux Mint 8 played PowerPoint sound devoid of any supplementary configuration. This was the unique with sound for me in any Linux distro. I happened to utilize the extremely pleasant LXDE version, installed on one of my PCs. The addition of codec’s and intends to play sound without extra configuration and installations was one of the causes which I switched from another distro to Mint.

Being to be able to completely make a PowerPoint file counting sound is essential to me. I like Mint 8 LXDE that natively renders sound in PPT and was dissatisfied to discover the Mint 9 LXDE did not natively hold Open Office in a try to make it even smoother. The Gnome editions all enclose OO, how much I know, and, in interest of this conversation, I just attempted Mint 8 Gnome Live CD and it productively renders sound in PPT. Once more, I recommend you attempt Mint 9 Gnome Live CD.

You might as well attempt Synaptic Package Manager to setup the PowerPoint Viewer. Be certain to revive it earlier than entering "PowerPoint" in the search window and you should discover pptview which is something like an 80 MB setup. The install includes Wine since pptview is an edition of Microsoft's free PowerPoint Viewer. Since I don't have Linux Mint 10 installed, I don't know if you will have fortune with sound, but it possibly worth the attempt. As well, make certain your edition is completely updated. It would be pleasant if this only would resolve the sound trouble.

After seeing this much discussion I also want to add something. I just attempted Mint 9 Gnome Live CD and it completely renders sound in PowerPoint upon booting by default, with no configuration necessary other than Un-muting. It would be truly pleasant if this capability were incorporated in versions later than 9. I wish this all information solve your problem or at least this will help your to understand your problem.