Thread: How to play mov files and jpeg from an SD card

How to play mov files and jpeg from an SD card

I do not understand why Windows 7 will totally format my SD card that contains only files and files xxx.jpg xxx.mov created by a Panasonic DMC FX7 Camera in the wake destroy my files? These pictures and videos are perfectly recognized by WIN XP Pro and worse if I save these documents on an SD (backup) running XP, so I can read from Windows 7 without any problems? Is the formatting of SD cards by the digital camera may be incompatible with different format recognized by Windows 7 (fat / fat 32 / NTFS / NTFS)? Thank you for your assistance and / or suggestion.

Re: How to play mov files and jpeg from an SD card

Regarding this I have one solution and I am sure that this will help you in order to get rid from this issue. Because I have also faced this issue around one month ago. And the solution for this issue is Right click on your card "properties" and set "ReadyBoot" Box does not use this device Ready to Start typing research programs for additional assistance. So only this much you have to do.

It does absolutely nothing! Right click on the map to me means nothing, since it is not recognized by the reader and also by the OS. This SD card reader is in this case, from 4 card readers connected to a USB port connected to the motherboard. The unit is a removable box IcyBox IB 801, I removed the drawer "and moved on several USB ports: it does absolutely nothing! Right click the drive opens a window with multiple tabs similar to those of a hard drive! But I do not see any tabs appear "ReadyBoot" I did indeed found on any devices such as SD?? So help me.

It is safer to disable "autoplay CD / USB sticks / external hard drives" in Windows XP Pro using either local or group policy for an enterprise Group Policy Active Directory. For the local group policy here is the method to follow:
    • Click Start / Run
    • Click Run / Run
    • Enter / Enter: GPEDIT.MSC
    • Double-click User Configuration to open submenu
    • Double-click User Configuration to open the subfolder
    • Double-click Administrative Templates to open submenu
    • Double-click Administrative Templates to open the subfolder
    • Double-click System to open submenu
    • Double-click System to open the subfolder
    • Double-click Turn autoplay off option Which Will Be Near the Bottom of the List in the right panel.
    • Double-click Disable the drive ATOMIC - right panel at the bottom of the list

I am using this or you can also say that I'm on two tracks:
    1. The memory card reader IcyBox Raidsonic IB 801: I expect that I meet the solution!
    2. I remembered that I had an old SD card (512 MB Integral-Toshiba) with this card and I have no problem read / write / format.

So I suspect a problem with SD cards cat 6 Extreme III 2 GB SANDISK -> I also contact their technical support by e-mail last night: again I expect a reply! The latter track seems to me most promising, although I do not really understand why I have no problem with / under WIN XP when it goes wrong with / in Windows 7. So help me.