Thread: PulseAudio not working on Linux

PulseAudio not working on Linux

I am opening to lose expect that Ubuntu will ever trench PulseAudio or even repair it. There are insects which have constant unsettled since 8.04. Sound declines to effort on my central PC that has an integrated sound card + a nicer PCI card. Now they have inserted this charade to KDE and Xubuntu is it as well in Mint XFCE now? Can anyone advise a good recent user gracious distro that is end user or Noob friendly, rather than dev friendly, which does not utilize this completely awful program, or as a minimum establish a way to make it work?

Re: PulseAudio not working on Linux

Just tell me one thing that, when did Ubuntu repair anything upstream? Possibly it is stuff if it works for you or not. As Far As I Know PulseAudio is up to date and strong, but for me it does not work, too. At present, a Linux user should inspect the trouble and give the developers that are not people at Ubuntu with all essential information to repair it. That is the means Linux goes. Well, inspect and report. Droning is for wimps. The real XFCE edition is Mint 9 XFCE. PulseAudio is not previously setup. CrunchBang 10 Statler XFCE which is Debian based, still alpha but previously steady. Switch the sources to trying or even unbalanced if you like it bleeding edge.

Are you confident it is upstream? I thought Ubuntu inserted PulseAudio earlier than Debian did. As well, it is not essentially a trouble with PulseAudio itself; it is a trouble with PulseAudio on Gnome. I believe but am not sure that Ubuntu went ahead and did this on their individual in 8.04. Afterward, they took the option away from us containing Gnome outsource Audio to PulseAudio. PulseAudio is busted for many people, and eliminating it or fixing it is a bitch. The trouble goes back to 8.04. This is not a novel release trouble. It is been a trouble for years and leftovers unsettled.

Well, there are insects, as in all but the simplest applications. On the other hand the majority of the troubles happen from novel and to have up till now recognized hardware. That is the point the user is in the developers arrears. Yes, I observe. But that is one truly wide extend fallacy. While Linux and many distro are pretty mature and it is free, it is not a free lunch, has not at all been and will not at all be.

There might be a few workarounds for my troubles with PulseAudio. In my judgment, I don’t think PulseAudio is prepared OR it is not being executed correctly. While I can understand the 'fix it' attitude, I think it should stay an elective add-on until it gets a few maturity rather than be prepared obligatory, if you wish to utilize the most well-liked distro and their unoriginal and after that suppose Noobs to be a testing ground as millions of their systems break.