Thread: How can I delete the BACKUP files created by Windows Live OneCare

How can I delete the BACKUP files created by Windows Live OneCare

I have just installed Windows XP on the system. Well before making the installation I had to remove some of the files but I just made the Backups with Widows Live OneCare. Now the thing is that I want to get rid of these files here. Is there really a way for this? I just wanted to know a way by which I can delete the backup files that are created with Windows Live OneCare. Also please let me know if it will be safe to do this.

Re: How can I delete the BACKUP files created by Windows Live OneCare

I have the perfect steps that will really help you to be out of your issue and that too within no time. First of all click on the Start; after at the bottom you will be able to see Run option make a click on that. If you do not get this then press the Home button and the R key on the keyboard simultaneously. After this you will see a RUN window getting popped up. In that windows type explorer.exe. Then you will see a list of programs flashing on your screen you will be required to click on Explorer there. Now click on the Computer and then Double Click on the external hard disk that has Windows Live OneCare folder. Make a right click on this Windows Live OneCare backup and go in properties there. Open the Folder by entering the Password and then delete the Folder that contains the backup files there. Hope that you must have found the steps simple here.

Well I have the solution and let me tell you that it is some what really official here. But before going with the steps here let me tell you that you will be required to reinstate a sole folder or file from the backup set so that if something goes wrong then you can say that backup is valid and can give this another try. Now go in the backup and Right Click on the Folder that contains the backup. After that go in the Properties. Under the Properties you will be able to see a Sharing tab; check the box that has the option Share this folder on the network and then choose Allow network users to change my files. At the last select OK. Finally you will be required to Right Click on that Folder and then choose DELETE option there.

There is a way by which you can delete the backup set folder that is placed on the stored on an external hard disk. If that is the case then you will be required to follow the steps here. Click on the Start icon and then click on the Run option. In the Windows you will be required to type explorer.exe and then press the Enter Key. Open the My Computer and then go to the External Hard Disk which is holding the Windows Live OneCare folder. Enter the Properties by making a right click on that particular folder there. Under the Security tab and then after choosing the Administrative option go to Full Control and check the Allow box there. Now go to the Folder that is having the backup and delete it there.

Let me tell you that you will be able to delete the backup files and in really there is really nothing that you are required to worry as such. Also in addition to that let me clarify that there will not be any issue if you will be deleting the backup files. The only thing that you will need this is when you will go again with the backup and in the mean time you will for sure not have any issue there. Please do this and get yourself rid of this thing.

Thanks a lot for all the suggestion that you have made here and let me tell you that it just worked in the first attempt and I was really happy to see this. I was able to get this done in eth first go. Also I am happy to know that the backup files can be stored and can be deleted from the EXTERNAL Hard Drive as well. Thanks for coming up with such simple steps there. I was glad to know that I will not have to worry about the back up files or the system after deleting them.