Thread: OVI Suite crashes while syncing contacts

OVI Suite crashes while syncing contacts

I am using computer since last three years and also I have a nokia n 97. Actually I am here to get the solution for the issue I am getting with the OVI suite which I have recently installed in the system actually I everything was working fine until now but yesterday while syncing contacts with the OVI suite it crashes. I don’t what is the fault behind this error why suddenly this error occurs. Please help me to get the solution for this issue.

Re: OVI Suite crashes while syncing contacts

For the solution of your problem I made a support request on the site of OVI, they said today here are the steps to follow in his view:

1. Uninstall all programs whose name begins with "Nokia" and "PC Connectivity Solution" to your computer.
    2. To do this, follow the following steps: Start> Control Panel> Programs> Select the programs mentioned above> Delete.
    3. Once all the items removed, restart your computer.
    4. Then download the latest version of the application "Nokia OVI Suite"
    5. Disable the various protections now in place on your computer: Windows Firewall, Windows Defender anti-virus, anti-virus additional anti-spyware, etc. Please uncheck all options in the tabs "Exceptions" and "Advanced" do note, however, what was checked in order to be able to reconfigure your coverage once the installation is complete OVI Suite.
    6. If your computer is connected to a corporate network, if necessary, disconnect from this network to be free from restrictions due to the level of server security.
    7. Starts now installed Nokia OVI Suite and then reboot your computer one last time.
    8. After you restart your computer, you can reactivate your coverage and make the connection between your phone NOKIA N8-00 and your computer.

I think that your Nokia OVI suite might be older version as I am also using the OVI suite for syncing the contacts and not getting the any error. The Nokia Ovi Suite with its eponymous online services introduced together. Besides the many functions of a cell phone synchronization and backup of the Finns, it allows access to special services of Nokia. This allows the user to sample photos directly on the software release and social networks like Flicker, or music functions in charge exploit numerous. When you download from the Nokia website must first select the phone model, and then lists the server to the latest version of the suite.

I would like to tell you to use the latest OVI Suite 3.0.0.284 which need the following system requirement and hope that after installing this version your problem will be solved.
    • Windows 7 or Windows Vista SP1 or later or Windows XP SP2 or later
    • 2 GB of free disk space
    • Intel Pentium 4 processor with 1 GHz
    • 64 MB video memory
    • 512 MB RAM
    • 1024x768 screen resolution and 24-bit color video card

The sync contacts Ovi Suite or phone works now but smoothly. In the sync options of the Ovi Suite only has to "contacts" the profile Mozilla Thunderbird and the right contacts are selected, the rest of the sync will run without any further action. The accidental deletion of contacts can be in the synchronization Ovi Suite will be either prevented entirely or at a certain number of contacts to delete, can claim to be a warning. The Synchronization previously worked only with Microsoft Outlook. OVI suite users had to contrast with address book synchronization tools or various online solutions make do sync all their contacts on the phone constantly to keep up to date.