Thread: Where Nokia Ovi suite stores SMS messages

Where Nokia Ovi suite stores SMS messages

I am looking forward to backup the messages of my phone by using the Ovi Store. But before that I want to know that where does Nokia OVI Suite stores the messages that I'll backup from my mobile phone. Actually I want to know it in case something does not go right. Is there anybody having any idea about this?

Re: Where Nokia Ovi suite stores SMS messages

I have taken backup of my mobile phone many time by using Nokia Ovi Suite but I have never thought about any such thing but I have never faced any problem as well for restoring the backup data. I guess same should happen with you whenever you use the Ovi Suite. Still I would like to know that where it saves all the data that has been taken as a backup.

There are many OVI user who might not be knowing that where OVI actually saves data when you take any backup of your phone by using it. I have found that you have to go to the C:\Users\Rubens\AppData\Local\Nokia\Nokia Data Store\DataBase\MDataStore.db3 which is the folder where your all the data will gets stores. But I don't have any idea that how can you use this data without using OVI.

Ohh, This is great!! I thought nobody would be answering my question but I guess I have got the right answer and it seems nice to have such information if your OVI suit stops working. I think this would be helpful to take backup and use on some other computer system with the OVI so that even your OVI does not works. You can still have this backup to use with some other copy of OVI.