Thread: windows 7: How to install windows live onecare

windows 7: How to install windows live onecare

I tried more than 5 times to install windows live OneCare clean up center in my machine, built every time it gives me a error message about the compatibility with the windows version. I am having an Acer Aspire netbook, which I basically use for the internet access, running in windows 7 OS. That why I am willing to use an advance technology of the security feature in my machine from preventing, harmful effects through internet. I checked the version of the security feature with the windows version, it supported, then why this is not installing in my machine? Any suggestion on this will be very much appreciable for me.

Re: windows 7: How to install windows live onecare

Try to install in some other way, if you are trying by double click on the installation icon, then in some of the machines few software are might be start the installation process. I am having the experience of this, few months ago when I tried to install, a software application in my windows 7 machine by double click on the installation file, this was not start but by the user profile permission, then I tried with the administrative permission and it starts the installation and now it’s working fine. Though if the application version is not compatible with the windows version then this will be confirmed while you run the program in administrative permission. Try with this process, will be help you to install the software application in your machine.
    Last edited by rohit007; 06-01-2011 at 07:42 PM.

I think there might be some other software applications those are applied in your machine is creating the problem. so for that go to the program and feature and from the drop down list look for the application those are applied in your machine, whether from them any one is installed without nay your prior information, like the visual effects or some of the tool bars. If you found this one, then remove them first and now try to install windows live one care. Because my brother was also facing the similar issue in windows 78, he thought that the application might not be compatible with windows version, and he download the file application again into his machine. But this one also creating the similar issue, but after a deep search on this problem he found that there is application which is interrupting during the installation.

If you are having the installation file in a disk then try by the disk. Insert the disk into the CD ROM drive and restart your machine, remember that this will works if the disk is bootable disk. After reload the machine installation will start automatically. And you need to follow some of the instructions to install the program. Otherwise open or explore the disk file by right click on the disk name from my computer. and select run as administrator option. This option might ask you to insert the password o the administrative account, if you have then put it into the desire place and begin the installation process. I am sure by this way you will be able to install windows live OneCare scanning tool application.

I am having some of the information regarding this scanning application tool program, I am going to share with you, and this might be somehow helping you to install the program in your machine. Be remember that the windows live is support or collaborate with internet explorer browser, if you have any third-party Internet utilities, firewall programs or antivirus then remove them from your machine, though this is the windows application so might be the third party software’s may create problem during the installation. After that I hope you will be able to install the application, now run the Windows Live OneCare Fix Installation Tool for detecting any cryptographic service whether attacked your machine or not, if yes then this toll program will remove that one. Along with that make sure the date and time in your machine is correct, which is also be needed to run windows live OneCare. Also make sure that the configuration with internet explorer is perfectly done by you. One of most important thing is that, if you are using any proxy network service, then you will not be able to install windows live OneCare in your machine, this require internet service during the installation of this scanning application tool.