Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Adobe Reader is not being used via Internet Explorer

Windows Software

Old 05-01-2011

Adobe Reader is not being used via Internet Explorer

Hello all, I need quick help from your side actually when I want to open a pdf document online It just prompts an error message telling me that Adobe is in use unable to open the page and I need version 8 or 9 of this program. So I downloaded the version 9 and have the same problem with this also. So regarding this if you have any suggestion then please share it I will be thank ful for this. And please try to do this as soon as it is possible for you guys.

Old 05-01-2011

Re: Adobe Reader is not being used via Internet Explorer

I found this answer and I am sure that after trying this you will get the solution for your issue. Because I have seen that many of the users get the solution after trying this solution. In fact I also get the solution. So I will suggest you to try thos solution at least one time.
  1. Go to Edit, Preferences, Internet and untick all the Web browser options
  2. Go to document, Accessibility Wizard and Setup tabbed-through to The Last Page. The Last Ensure IS box unticked.
Old 05-01-2011

I recommend you to make use of a third party PDF reader. Although "relatively heavy", Adobe has a number of security modules on the execution of code via a PDF that has no third party software like Foxit. Otherwise, for your sake, you did uninstall your old version of Adobe Reader? And tell me that You use which browser? Give me this information as soon as it is possible for you so that I will try to help you in a better way.
Old 05-01-2011

Worldwide in the company, I strongly recommend to use a reciprocating drive! I do not know if you talked in your case to install a post SumatraPDF personal or pro. Then it is clear that Adobe Reader is particularly targeted during the attacks and it is imperative to have a policy of updating software to implement the updates provided by the publisher. I also recommended you to go for Foxit or whatever, because it does not already most of the security modules that have adobe reader, but also because I highly doubt the reactivity of the publisher of any discovery of a flaw in its software. Then you know better than me that there are solutions to optimize Adobe Reader.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,