Thread: Cannot downloade Win Rar and Zip files in Linux mint 10

Cannot downloade Win Rar and Zip files in Linux mint 10

I have a problem that I want to share it with you all. Well the problem Is that I have a problem downloading any win rar or win zip file in my computer. I cannot download any win rar or win zip file in my system. My system has double partitions and so I use mint 10 as well as windows xp operating system in my computer. Well the problem used to be there even with my earlier version of the mint. This problem is not there in the windows operating system. So do you all have any idea why is this happening? Please do give your valuable suggestions.

Re: Cannot downloade Win Rar and Zip files in Linux mint 10

Well it seems that there might be some issues with the downloading software. I need to know which type of downloading software you sue while downloading any win zip or win rar file. As per my knowledge there should not be any issue downloading a win rar or win zip file in any of the operating systems i.e. Linux or windows. So just for confirmation I need to know the downloading software that you use while downloading the particular win zip or win rar files.

Well I have used several downloading software’s. First I used to download directly from the Mozilla Firefox. After getting such problems. I switched to other software’s such as Jdownloader or FreeRapidDownloder. Then also the problem did not seem to go. So that’s why I asked with you all. So can you find any solution for this particular problem? Do let me know as early as possible.

Well the problem looks very strange for me. Well you can do one thing. If you have any particular security settings that are applied during the downloading of the file, if the restriction is very high then do try and turn the antivirus off for some time and then try downloading the file. There may be a possibility that the antivirus may not be allowing you to carry on with the downloading process. So apply these changes and let me know whether it works or not.

According to me you must go with the gwget download manager. Even I use it for my linux mint operating system and I have never faced such problems before. Well the problem is quite strange but you can try with this solution. You may never know you will be able to download your win zip or win rar file. So for once try with the gwget download manager and let me know if it works or not. Do let me know.