Thread: Cannot see drivers on AMD RaidXpert

Cannot see drivers on AMD RaidXpert

I owned a prebuilt computer as of CyberPowerPC. It is having SATA3 RAID 1 array setup. The chipset drivers was already installed on the computer and it was also included the motherboard CD that contains those. This comes in the box. RaidXpert correctly displayed array when it came. Very first thing that I did is downloaded the updated drivers from Gigabytes page. This also contains the AMD chipset package which is having the SATA drivers. There is no problem while loading the RaidXpert but it is not able to show any of the drivers in it. The only thing that I can see is the login/management options. I am not able to guess that whether it is the bug with the system or the RaidXpert software. I will really appreciate if you give some helpful reply on this.

Re: Cannot see drivers on AMD RaidXpert

Earlier, I was also facing the similar issue and I think that a BIOS problem caused the RAID setting to rearrange to default (IDE, i.e. no RAID) as soon as I installed the operating system for testing. When I formatted the drives once more and setup the BIOS settings properly and along with this installed OS with the newest Gigabyte/AMD RAID drivers then it all work fine for me. Drive Xpert was able to show the e drives correctly and illustrate them working functionally. If after that also you are getting the issues like this then you should confirm that that you are having proper storage controller. Install the Os again from scratch subsequent to checking the entire BIOS settings. It would not harm to make use of the updated preinstall drivers going on Gigabytes site for the install.

It is possible that you have installed the wrong drivers on your computer. If it is true then also you may get the issue like this. So you need to confirm that you have installed the proper drivers according to the model that you are using and I that is not proper then you should install that again correctly. After correcting the entire driver, just reboot the system and again run the AMD RaidXpert and check if it list the drivers that are installed are listed there.

You will see the drop down menu on the left side of it. You should see that list and from there select the drive info and that will list all the drivers installed on that. If that is not helping you then you can search for the latest RaidXpert and if you found that then download and install that. Installing the latest driver may also solve the issue for you. So try these two things and I hope that this will do the thing for you.

As you told that you have the motherboard CD that comes with the package. That CD contains the specific drivers that are needed for all the components of the system. So you should install all those again. This is the best way to get the correct driver. In case that you don’t have the CD then also you can visit the manufacturer’s site and from there you will be able to download the correct driver.

I think that there are some types of the conflict with the driver and so it is not able to list any of the drivers in it. You should try all the above suggestions above and if all the possible solution to fix this issue fails to help you then the final fix that is left for you is to format the partition and install the operating system. Do a clean install but make this as a last alternative if no other solutions help you.