Thread: Silicon Image RAID Controller unusable

Silicon Image RAID Controller unusable

I just installed Windows 7 and so far everything is working without any kind of issue. I use a controller Silicon Image SiI 0680 ATA-133 Medley Raid Controller "which is recognized by windows but it does not see my 2 HDDs plugged in RAID 0. In other words, the disks are not visible in the disk management tool. The drivers used are those allocated by Windows 7. Have you any idea why the controller card is working but not connected DD?

Re: Silicon Image RAID Controller unusable

I'm not gone through the windows vista, I stayed with XP Pro SP3. Otherwise, I just had to install the drivers from my floppy disk with RAID HOP and it worked. Here, the drivers were automatically detected and used by Windows 7, but the disks are invisible. (Windows 7 is installed on another IDE drive classic.) And even by using the drivers from my floppy disk (or CD) of the manufacturer (CONNECTLAND) it does not work. They are also the latest drivers which I could find for the RAID card. Is this the death of some devices with Windows 7? So please help me in order to provide this information.

Regarding this I will say that unavoidably some devices will be abandoned, as is usually the case in version upgrades. And you said that the device is recognized, I must be fair regarding this and I can initialize the RAID (select its type, structure, size of blocks) you can generally do this when you start your machine after the BIOS POST it must initialize the RAID card and surely offer you a push button to return to the configuration interface of your card. If you can give me the exact brand and model, maybe I can find a guide or the doc file file which will be able to help you in order to get rid from this issue.

Thank you for your help. The model is as follows: "Silicon Image SiI 0680 ATA-133 Medley Raid Controller. Concerning the initialization of the RAID, it is configured in RAID 0 with 2 160GB Maxtor HDD. Configuration is effective, just after the BIOS test. I also tried the program "Find and Mount" which worked fine under XP and could see the partitions RAID controller card. Under Windows 7, Find and Mount, do not even see the controller card and therefore cannot access partitions. I still have tones of data on it that I will like to retrieve. The only method I found is to boot with "Win XP mini" and copied to another SD but the transfer rate is therefore 200Ko/sec 300GB I have for several weeks 24/24.

Regarding this I have one solution if you want then you can go for this.
    1. you make a floppy (or USB stick) bootable DOS
    2. glues you to the executable to update the bios and the file SHIFT
    3. you restart your machine and you have the disk manufacturer's instructions for the flashing procedure.
    4. the key is to do everything quietly and in doubt to have a second PC at hand to find info on the net

And please remember that if after trying this you get solution for your query so just update over here. And also if you get any solution which is better than this post it over here so that others also can take the advantage of this.

Then boot into DOS and launches the flash and there are 3 choices:
    - Write in the flash
    - Read in the flash
    - Erase flash
    In any case it asks me entries value between 0 and 1FFFF exam. If I put 0 in playback mode it asks me for a decimal value between 0 and 1024 if I put 0 there maffiche just 55. I do not get it too has what it matches. You know what it sagit? Thank you again.