Thread: when I turn on my PC, it launches live messenger automatically

when I turn on my PC, it launches live messenger automatically

It's been a week since I just installed Windows 7 64-bit version, it is stable, however I have a little trouble when the PC turns on, it also launches live messenger, I have two button in the toolbar tasks that make this one with my email address and the second Windows Live Messenger, if I close the button with my e-mail, I close Live Messenger, but if I close button I Live Messenger always the window with my email address. A second question, under XP when I reduced the window of Messenger, the symbol appeared in the bar, and it was not happening in to the version of Windows 7, is this normal? Or is a parameter to change?

Re: when I turn on my PC, it launches live messenger automatically

I found the solution for your second problem. I do not know if it's very fair to do so, but with me it works. I clicked right on WLM start menu (although it was not open), and went on ownership. There, is in the compatibility tab, I checked "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and chose "windows vista" in the dropdown menu. Thus, WLM is in the systray when I close the windows. By the way, anyone know why Microsoft WLM formed in this way? This does not seem appropriate for many people. So on this you know any solution then help us!

After visiting many of the forum sites I got the solution for this. And I got it from the official website so if you want then you can try this I am sure you will get the fix for your query. For Windows Live Messenger does not launch at startup, go to Tools -> Options -> Topic Connection -> uncheck Automatically Run Messenger when Windows starts -> Apply. For the icon in the systray, curiously, on the Build 7000 of Windows 7 when it closed WLM, the icon is placed directly in the systray, but more with the RC. I got this much information and I am sure it will help you.

I reassure you it will at worst as slow as the RC! FYI, the RC runs satisfactorily on an EEPC 1000HE (ATOM CPU, 1GB, 160GB disk) and AERO! I have all my usual applications (Office 2007 Pro Plus gift) and it remains usable while Vista only lasted a day before I return to XP! And RC is the Ultimate version (complete with en) which integrates all the functionality, so the more demanding with all versions that will be available! And regarding this if you have any suggestion then also share it.

Thank you both for your reply, effective through WLM in compatibility mode that allows me to put it in the systray. All I hope is that they are based on the RC to make the marketing of Windows 7, for now I find it very quick startup, stable, and it would be unfortunate if this becomes a gas machine stands still.
    Here's my setup:
    Dell Latitude D531
    3 GB of Ram
    AMD 64x2 1.60 Ghz
    Windows 7 64 Bit
    60 GB HDD
    If a configuration like the following allows me to run the final, I would say yes to Windows 7, if not return to Windows XP.