Thread: “No Signal” error message in Windows media centre

“No Signal” error message in Windows media centre

Recently did a clean installation of windows 7 in my Dell Inspiron laptop. I basically use this machine for the official purpose like, access internet and using some of the official tools to do my job. Along with that I sometimes use my laptop at my home to watch live TV or other TV programs. For that I use windows media center application, and along with that using Avermedia M135 PCI TV Tuner. So now comes to the other problem which is occurring at my home while I tried to attempt watch any live program via media center in my laptop. It continuously shows up a message that, there is no TV signal. If I change the TV channel and coming back to the previous channel, then my TV is works fine. This problem also occurs while I tried to record any program from any channel. What should I do, to overcome from this problem? Any suggestion on this problem?

Re: “No Signal” error message in Windows media centre

My brother was facing the similar issue with the Avermedia, after that he searched almost every web site for the solution but found nothing, form one of the technical person, he gain some of the knowledge’s about this problem. He found that the driver for this device is properly installed in his machine, though this message will not shows you in your machine, you should check this manually. So I suggest you to open the device manager and from there locate the device driver and make sure that, it is installed properly and one more thing, the driver version should be compatible with the windows version that you are using, because some of the hardware drivers are not compatible with windows 7 platform.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

The channel that you are trying to watch might be missing from the list and from the signal, because I had the similar issue i8n my TV and this problem only occurs while I tried to play any program or video via online, and found that there are some of the particular channels are missing from the list. So if you are also having similar issue then you can add the missing channel by manually from your channel. From the setting go to the guide option and from there look for the channel(s), those are in the "No Service", select all of them and change the setting option. I hope by this you can able to watch that particular channel into the media center, try with this, it will definitely help you. If you did not found the channels in the above mention list name then look them into the Missing channel option under that windows, select all of them and click on add button.

I am having HP media center with windows vista platform, which works fine in my machine. Having an experience of similar issue after upgrade the machine into windows 7, there is a signal error in my machine while tried to connect with media center. Also there is problem with the recording, it repeatedly stopped working and record nothing. first of all I think that5 the problem might be with the software application and I re-install the application, but this gives me nothing. After a deep search I found that this problem is occurs for the operating system that I am using. Instantly I remove windows 7 and install vista, and the problem is vanishes. Now there is no problem with the watching TV and record any program with HP media center. I don’t know what the actual problem is. But would like to suggest you to remove windows 7 from your machine and install nay other windows version. This will surely allow you to record or watch the online TV program.

Almost similar issue that I am facing in my Hp laptop while I tried to record a program via windows media center, it shows a error message with the channel name, that message contains that the channel is not having any signal and for this the record process cannot be completed. At the beginning this message has comes like there is no tuner available and for that there is low signal. I changed the TV tuner but still facing the similar issue, what should I do? Suggest me something to solve this problem. My laptop is compatible with windows XP platform and along with that NVIDIA GEForce graphical interface.