Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2011

Windows 7 photo viewer opens the application, but after that I get the spinning wheel of doom and no picture ever loads

I have recently installed windows 7 home 64 bit on my Acer laptop. I did not have any issue but Windows 7 photo viewer is not opening any picture file. Photo viewer will open the app, however after that I obtain the spinning wheel of doom, spinning as well as no picture ever loads. If you have any suggestion regarding to this trouble. Please let me know. Thank you in advance. Your suggestion would be appreciated.
Old 02-01-2011

Re: Windows 7 photo viewer opens the application, but after that I get the spinning wheel of doom and no picture ever loads

On the way to assist you better please reply to these questions:
1. Do you obtain any error message when attempt this?
2. Are you capable on the way to open the picture in Paint?
However I will suggest you to attempt to open the picture on a new PC to observe if it is the photo or else the Windows software issue.
Old 02-01-2011

Re: Windows 7 photo viewer opens the application, but after that I get the spinning wheel of doom and no picture ever loads

I will recommend you to perform SFC scan: To carry out this follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Click Start, and after that type cmd in the Start Search box.
2. Right-click cmd in the Programs list, as well as after that click Run as administrator. You will be ask for confirmation, type your password or press continue
3. Type: sfc /scannow and press ENTER:
When the scan is completed, test to observe whether the problem that you are experiencing is solved. This will replace the corrupted file with the new one.
Old 02-01-2011

Thanks for your answer!
1. Do you obtain any error message when attempt this?
Answer: No
2. Are you capable on the way to open the picture in Paint?
Answer ; Yes as it is not a picture files
3. Attempt to open the picture on a new PC to observe if it is the photo or else the Windows software issue
Answer: It is not the image file.
I will attempt your sfc/scan proposal.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,