Thread: iPhoto duplicates when I import my photos?

iPhoto duplicates when I import my photos?

When used for the first time this program import the photos dismiss the machine itself (the program did it automatically.) After that I did it from a CD, copying the traps to a folder on the desktop furthermore importing from it. The case is that of the first photos I do not observe any folder that allows me on the way to manage the files without going through iPhoto however of course those files are on my Mac .As well as probably the "second photos" are duplicated: the desktop as well as iPhoto . With the consequent waste of HD. On the other hand, at what time I delete photos in iPhoto gives the feeling that just disappear from that album Can I copy the photos you advise the desktop or making me cautious step?

Re: iPhoto duplicates when I import my photos?

When you import photos into iPhoto generate a folder in User / Pictures / iPhoto Library furthermore from there by date.If you have them on your desktop and iPhoto, you have efficiently duplicated unnecessarily moreover perhaps even tripled, for the reason that if you manipulate any iPhoto, broken, cut etc, iPhoto automatically saves a copy of the original photo in a folder Calling original .As for what to delete in iPhoto, the deletion is not final until you empty the trash from within iPhoto .

In the most recent version of iPhoto, the 06, you be able to choose to copy the photos in the iPhoto Library or else read them directly from the folder in which you, which as well avoid duplication and organizations how you wish for .This option is in iPhoto Preferences / Advanced.Hope this will assist you to get rid of your trouble.It will be better if you make use of the latest version of iPhoto.

I experience the same, drag the photos from my external hard drive (call it "PEPE") to the iPhoto screen. "Importing photos " a while and after that I observe those photos are in iPhoto folder as alias on another all original ("Originals") however does not modify the photos as well as another (think "Data") with all the pictures once more. I do not be familiar with if there will now be exaggerated furthermore not in so many places. I recommended in another thread to make a library that was in PEPE, however it does not matter, for the reason that it would duplicate the same folders but PEPE / Library.

I have my MAC( 1 year). The capacity of my hard drive has made me think my Time Machine in 2 external. To believe how to distribute my photo libraries, and how to save my backups. Well thanks to that, I discovered what would point out. Iphoto duplicate photos to your liking. Particularly in the Modified folder. I've seen the videos you create a picture (first picture), nothing happens however others also normal. It does not all just a few photos. But why?Why do I have to lose control of my libraries? It is no longer whether to spend Iphoto.

I have four or five libraries in iPhoto, with an average of 10000 photos each furthermore I have no trouble you speak and the pictures I have in retouched is because it is so. You do not spin the photos to observe? I as well make use of three different cameras and I have no troubles by means of dates. In reality, do not tell you that there is something that goes wrong, it be able to be, however in truth, I have read as well as answered many dozens (and I'm short) thread about this and none of the things that are errors commentaries application. 95% of the alleged troubles of iPhoto and iTunes that are posted are always the same four things and not lack of applications. People simply do not bother to learn the program. The remaining five percent if that is the percentage of bugs or malfunctions that for whatever reason sometimes occur, and not any of the things you mention. Of course, iPhoto is what it is. I do not use iPhoto for my RAW, but shooting in Aperture.But on the way to simply view and sort photos, applications are simpler than any of them, and very respectable.