Thread: Windows Media Player 12 unable to play the MP4 Video File Format

Windows Media Player 12 unable to play the MP4 Video File Format

Hello friends, I have shot some my videos onto the Samsung camera. In that all the videos is saved in the MP4 Video format. This file format I use to play this file in WMP 11 on to the Windows XP system but no in the WMP in Windows 7 the case is bit different. I am now unable to play it in Windows 7. WMP12 observe it as 'Other Media' and display me the error message that WMP unable to play it, when I try to play it. Please help me.

Re: Windows Media Player 12 unable to play the MP4 Video File Format

Codec can be able to be printed for 32-bit or 64-bit operating systems. As you are currently being using the 64-bit edition of Windows, you need have to set-up the 64-bit codec. If you are trying to set-up a 32-bit codec onto the 64-bit operating system then the Player may not be capable to play every file that need that codec. Keep in mind that most of the older codec are simply obtainable in 32-bit versions. First you check it out which codec are you using now. Check it when the file is playing the state; right click on to the file in the library options, in that select the Properties. Now through the File tab have a look at the Audio Codec and the Video Codec part.

Initially, to me it does feel that there is some sort of codec problem. To validate this. Try to open the files in the VLC. The reason for it is that this player has its entire file decoding included and it doesn't depend onto the windows codec method. If that os performing is very well then I'd estimate it's most likely a codec problem. Most of the peoples make use of the VLC Media Player instead of the WMP.

Check out which codec’s you have installed in your Windows: initially start the Windows Media Player, after opening it select organize option, then click the Layout, now you click on Show Menu bar. And if this is not been displayed then click on help option, I Help go at the option About Windows Media Player. Now you have a click on the 'Technical Support Information' connection at the bottom of the recently opened window.

As per me that the Windows Media Player does not play MP4 files on with its own. Zune Media Player is the player which will easily play them and consequently it will be opened in the iTunes. I'd get relieve of the entire those codec sets. They frequently reason far further difficulties that they treat. IMHO the only video codec you may require is the XVid codec for divx and xvid avi files, and you can locate that one at xvidmovies web page. You may require the AC3 audio codec for DVDs which can be originate at ac3filter.net web page.