Thread: Disabling automatic device sync in Windows Media Player

Disabling automatic device sync in Windows Media Player

I was having Microsoft Windows XP operating system installed on my Dell Inspiron 6400 Laptop. Last night only I have upgraded my Windows Media player with the latest version but after upgrading my windows media player I am facing problem. Whenever I plug in my external hard drive, it automatically sync with media player such that the player does not recognize it as a device. So I need a solution which will help me in disabling the automatic device sync with my media player.

Re: Disabling automatic device sync in Windows Media Player

Whenever you plug any external device into the system if it starts to sync automatic thus the player will start to sync then you can turn off this option. The steps to disable the automatic sync are very easy and you need to follow the steps given below to disable the automatic sync of device:
    1. You need to start the system and login into it as “administrator”.
    2. After login into the system you need to open the Windows media player by double clicking on it from the start menu.
    3. You need to click on the sync tab under Windows media player window. Select device option and then click on the advanced tab.
    4. A properties dialog box will appear in for the device connected into the system. You need to click on the sync tab and then click on the Start sync when device connects checkbox to disable it. The media player will not start sync the device when it is connected into the system.

I was having problem with my windows media player such that it used to start automatic sync of the device as soon as it is connected into the system. Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I have changed the device sync settings to disabled and the problem was resolved. I am having a mobile which is windows enabled and I want to disable the Active Sync on my Windows enabled Mobile Device and therefore I need a solution for it.

Just as you can disable the automatic sync of device in windows media player on computer system in the same way you can disable the active sync in the windows enabled mobile phone. The steps to disable the active sync in windows enabled mobile phone are given below:
    • You should connect the Windows Mobile device to the computer with the USB cable, Bluetooth or infrared technology.
    • Start the Windows Mobile Device by pressing the power button.
    • You need to tap the start button and select “Programs”. Select “ActiveSync" from programs and then select "Sync “and set it to stop.
    • The active sync will be disabled.

If the above solution has not solved the problem of automatic device sync with the media player whenever you connect the device into the system then you can use the steps given below to disable the automatic device sync:
    1. You need to start the system and then click on the start button from the desktop.
    2. Select run window from the start menu.
    3. In the run window you need to type “Services.msc” command and hit the enter key from the keyboard.
    4. You need to search for the “Portable Device Enumerator Service” option.
    5. After selecting “Portable Device Enumerator Service” option you need to double click on it and change the “start up” type to disabled.