Thread: Windows 7 Photo viewer : Com surrogate not responding

Windows 7 Photo viewer : Com surrogate not responding

I acquire com surrogate not reacting while viewing photos on my dell laptop. The program crashes and after that the PC won't respond or even shut down. The just way I can acquire the PC off is to remove the battery. Please some well known people help me to solve my problem or give some appropriate information or hint which help me to solve my issue. All information is valuable for me….

Re: Windows 7 Photo viewer : Com surrogate not responding in

I know this looks an old trouble since windows vista unluckily still this trouble exist. Whenever I utilized the "Windows Photo Viewer" this com surrogate hangs on occasion the window can be blocked but the majority of the times not. Has anybody have the explanation for this as I cannot appear to discover one even in the Microsoft website.
    My info:
    Operating system: Windows 7
    RAM: 4 GB
    Program installed:
    Adobe Photoshop and CS5
    MS Office 2007
    Firefox
    Ccleaner

Have you setup Kaspersky Internet Security software on the PC? Later than researching, I establish that this problem is linked to Kaspersky product. If you have installed this product on your PC, then attempt the following steps and ensure if the problem continue.
    1. Unlock Kaspersky Internet Security and click on Settings.
    2. From the left pane of the Protection Center tab, select Application Control and click on the Applications key on the right pane.
    3. Enlarge the Microsoft folder and search COM Surrogate.
    4. Right click on COM Surrogate and select Application rules. On the other hand, you can just twice click on it. If you are utilizing Windows 64 edition, you will search 2 COM Surrogates. Both are as well responsible for dll.exe in system32 and syswow64 folders.
    5. After that from the Exclusions tab, check mark "Do not monitor application activity" and apply the modification.
    6. Make sure if the problem continues.

I have the similar trouble but with Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 and while I click on the Application Control on the left pane there is no "Applications" key on the right pane. I have a same trouble with all Microsoft Office programs, while I attempt to run them I receive "The application stopped responding" and one can just close...

I was watching pictures from its default image viewer, with a few music playing in windows media player, and after that I tried to close the image viewer, it cannot be closed and exhibit "Not Responding" for image viewer and exhibit "COM surrogate trouble”. Plus in the similar moment I cannot shutdown my laptop, it get stuck while it display logging off. Someone please assist me out..