Thread: Video Import Wizard for Windows 7: just imports in avi

Video Import Wizard for Windows 7: just imports in avi

Does anybody have any idea how to modify the settings in the import wizard to save in WMV or further formats? That feature in earlier versions allows you select between AVI and WMV. Importing in AVI obtains up too much hard drive space. To a great extent require a solution! Please anyone who know about this or who acquainted with this issue, provide some hints to fix this issue.

Re: Video Import Wizard for Windows 7: just imports in avi

1. Just tell me one thing from where you are importing the videos from?
    2. Which application are you utilizing to import the video files?

You may attempt the below steps:
    1. Make certain that your digital video camera or HD video camera is plugged in to your PC, and that the camera is switched ON. The majority of cameras connect to PC via an IEEE 1394 connection.
    2. Begin Movie Maker.
    3. In Windows 7, click on Start, and after that click All Programs.
    4. Click Windows Live, and after that click Windows Live Movie Maker.
    5. Click the Movie Maker button, and after that click on Import from device.
    6. If the Photos and videos will be imported into Windows Live Photo Gallery message emerges, click OK.
    7. In the Import Photos and Videos window, click on the tool which you wish to utilized, and afterward click Import.
    8. Enter a name for the video and after that perform one of the below:
      • Import a whole videotape
      • Choose Import the whole video.
      • Click “More” alternatives
      • Choose the options which you wish to utilize, for example, where to save the files and what format to utilize for the folder and file names.
      • Click OK, and after that click Next.
      • While the import is finish, click on Finish.
    9. In Photo Gallery, click on the video you wish to utilize in your picture.
    10. To choose numerous videos, push and hold the Ctrl key, and after that click every video you wish.
    11. On the Make menu, click on Make a movie. The chosen video is added to the storyboard in Movie Maker.

I am performing every step you talked about but I still don't observe where it will allow me to change the file type it saves it as. It automatically saves it as an AVI file that is vast. In the Microsoft windows vista import wizard it allows me select between WMV and AVI. I have verified each resource to observe how to change this setting with no effect. Possibly you can point me in the exact way. I have as well attempted some Video Editing software programs with much of the similar with auto saving to AVI.

I am having the similar trouble, as well. A typical DV tape in the windows XP version of the import wizard shaped a file approximately 1.34 GB in WMV. Now in the windows version, the files are constantly 18.8 GB in AVI. I would rather upload straight to WMV than to utilize 3rd party software to exchange avi to WMV in order to archive competently. Your respond does not assist, because in your reply, file format does not relate to the file type or extension. It is just referring to the file name structure. It does not provide you the option to modify the avi file or file extension. This is right in both the input video screen and the Windows Live Photo Gallery the choices for videos are Folder Name and File Name.

I have not observe anybody else in the forums talk regarding this so actually I am the just person annoying to import video into windows 7 and annoying to import it as WMV in its place of AVI. Apparently everybody else likes AVI and has 2 TB hard drives so it is not a problem. I have checked out demos of Vegas from Sony extremely complex and has problems importing and as well Corel pro x3 that had same problems and froze, really very maddening. I am running a just right PC with a novel JVC DV camera I will endeavor and post the specs. I am not a professional at PC or digital video, but I am annoying to avoid importing to my windows Vista PC just so I can utilize the windows import and save as WMV. I will persist appearing for software which lets me perform this in windows 7.