Thread: Unable to open file in Windows easy transfer in Windows 7 from Windows XP

Unable to open file in Windows easy transfer in Windows 7 from Windows XP

In my Windows XP SP3 I have created the Windows Easy Transfer file onto a USB drive and I able to see it there. I have done with the Custom Install of Windows 7 which shows successful. When I try to obtain my data back with use of Easy Transfer, the program will unable to open the file, even though it shows it is there. Is there any other way to recover this file? If yes then please suggest.

Re: Unable to open file in Windows easy transfer in Windows 7 from Windows XP

After many trials I have found some solution I wish it works for you. First you have to upgrade from Windows XP 32 bit to Windows 7 64 bit. file. If you are getting the same error and you are unable to open file. Then for resolve this, you need to open the transfer Wizard, and then run through your files, with use of advanced options. It could be a boring attempt, but it should useful for you as it did for me. Now you can try a little more with the sizes, but I just staying with 2 GB and was okay.

In case you are using an administrator account, you able to open Windows Easy Transfer. For this click on the Start button. Then In the search enter Easy Transfer, and then, in the listing of results and click on Windows Easy Transfer. In case you are prompted for an administrator password or verification, enter the password or give confirmation. Remember that if you are not using an administrator account, you unable to open Windows Easy Transfer.

There are different methods for this fro that you will require USB flash drive or external hard disk which is compatible with your computer. Then Open Windows Easy Transfer on your computer on you desire to transfer files and settings to and then go after the instructions for using a USB flash drive or an external hard disk. Throughout the transfer process, Windows Easy Transfer will guess how much disk space is required to move your selections. If you make use of a USB flash drive, use one with sufficient storage space for the complete transfer.

As per my knowledge you can definitely do this but for that you will require a USB port on each computer and Easy Transfer Cable. The Easy Transfer Cable is a particularly intended USB cable that connects two computers and run with Windows Easy Transfer to transport data between the two computers. It's one of the simplest ways to transfer files and settings to your second computer. You be supposed to always start Windows Easy Transfer on your latest computer and plug in the Easy Transfer cable only when you are order to do so. Earlier than you plug in the cable on your previous computer, be confident to insert the disk that came with it to install the Windows Easy Transfer application and carry on the transfer process.