Thread: Error “Windows Photo Viewer can't open this picture because either Photo Viewer doesn't support this file format, or you don't have the latest updates to Photo Viewer”

Error “Windows Photo Viewer can't open this picture because either Photo Viewer doesn't support this file format, or you don't have the latest updates to Photo Viewer”

I restored windows Photos from Vista home premium to external hard drive at what time clean installed Windows 7 64 bit, finished all updates 65 of them however at what time I open Windows Photos each and every one photos are listed click on any one furthermore obtain following error message that “ Windows Photo Viewer cannot open this picture for the reason that either Photo Viewer doesn't support this file format, or you don't have the latest updates to Photo Viewer. I am Running Intel Core 2CPU 1.86GHz and Ram 1.5 GB as well as 64 bit Windows 7.Question do I need on the way to transfer all my photos to Windows Live Photo gallery?

Re: Error “Windows Photo Viewer can't open this picture because either Photo Viewer doesn't support this file format, or you don't have the latest updates to Photo Viewer”

You can easily resolve your trouble Right-click on one of the pictures and after that click “Open with”. After that choose Windows Live Photo Gallery from the catalog, confirm the option “Always make use of the selected program to open this kind of file”. If still the photo is not opened then please let me know the following:
    1. The format of the photos.
    2. Where do they come from?
    3. Whether they can be opened within Windows Photo Gallery inside Windows Vista.

Re: Error “Windows Photo Viewer can't open this picture because either Photo Viewer doesn't support this file format, or you don't have the latest updates to Photo Viewer”

Windows Live Photo Gallery came by means of Windows 7 I contain that, I saved Windows Photo Gallery from Vista 64 bit, downloaded into Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit as well as obtain that message, as a result I collect I have on the way to copy all 10000 photo's into Windows Live Photo Gallery to acquire them to open, up till now they open on the external hard drive in the similar Document folder.

This appear to be an problem by means of several corrupt system file. At the moment I would recommend you on the way to follow the steps as well as link below to carry out a System File Checker (SFC) scan as well as that be supposed to most likely take care of the problem.
    1. Go to start and click ALL PROGRAMS/ Accessories now right-click Command Prompt, as well as after that click run as administrator.
    2. You might be prompted for an administrator password, type the password, or else click continue.
    3. Type : sfc/scannow as well as press ENTER.
    This command scans each and every one protected system files as well as restores inaccurate versions by means of right Microsoft versions.

I ran the scan (sfc/scannow) as suggested. No concern was noted by means of the scan. On the other hand, my situation was not resolved. I restarted just on the way to be in no doubt. Not fixed. After that I restored an older edition of my photos from my internet storage account. That did not resolve the problem either.If you have any other suggestion please let me know.

I as well have this trouble windows photo viewer cannot open this picture for the reason that photo viewer does not support this file format or you don't have the talent updates for photo viewer.I cannot open QBooks or else Office it appear. Followed information re command prompt however cannot obtain the screen on the way to fill in the instructions.