Thread: How to get paint application of Windows XP in Windows 7

How to get paint application of Windows XP in Windows 7

I just purchased a new laptop on my birthday, which have inbuilt operating system Windows 7. And the problem is that I am too new for this. And I want to know that how I can get Microsoft paint of Windows XP in this Windows 7 because I am used to it. My most of the office work is depend on it. Or if there any other options available for this then please suggest me. For this if any additional software required then please suggests me.

Re: How to get paint application of Windows XP in Windows 7

I have some standard steps for this which definitely helps you out. First you need to open %windir%\System32 folder. You can do this by typing the path in RUN dialog box and then press Enter. Now get rights of mspaint.exe file. Now change the name of mspaint.exe file and keep it as mspaint_backup.exe.mui. Now youy have to copy mspaint.exe file from windows 7 and paste it in "%windir%\System32" folder. Follow the same method for "mspaint.exe.mui" file, copy it from windows 7 and paste in "%windir%\System32\en-US" folder. Now you are ready to use paint in windows 7.

I think you wanted the version of paint that is in Windows XP. I also need it for my college project work. I think paint is supposed simple and quick application with easy features and it should not contain anti aliasing with the tools. I also not like that the paint delay on my computer and now with my 2.6 GHz processor and 4GB of RAM it does. Also the latest paint is too confusing. So don’t go for it just tries to use new paint with Windows 7.

I have one of the nice trick for this If you Windows XP in the computer then first take a copy of MSPAINT.EXE from the its source C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 onto a USB drive and then save it on your desktop of your computer. Now launch it from your desktop with double click on it. This will give you your legacy UI. I have done this with Windows XP and this is also useful with Windows vista.

Follow these steps for getting your old paint in your new Windows 7. First open below folder. %Programfiles%\Windows NT\Accessories. This path you have to type in RUN dialog box and then press Enter key. Now get rights of "wordpad.exe" file. Now change the name from wordpad.exe file to wordpad_backup.exe. Now in en-US folder and get rights of wordpad.exe.mui file. After taking ownership change the name of the file to "wordpad_backup.exe.mui. Now copy the file wordpad.exe from windows xp and paste it in "%Programfiles%\Windows NT\Accessories" folder. Perform the same thing for "wordpad.exe.mui" file, copy it from Windows XP and paste in "%Programfiles%\Windows NT\Accessories\en-US" folder. Now you are ready to use paint in Windows 7.

Hello, Paint is an inbuilt application in Windows 7 as well. In Windows 7, MS paint has got some additional features which were not there in it's previous versions.
    YouTube