Thread: "Windows cannot find SetupX.exe" error during the Nero 9 Reload

"Windows cannot find SetupX.exe" error during the Nero 9 Reload

I have downloaded the most recent Nero 9 update. I decided on the way to perform a clean install so used common clean tool as well as windows disk clean. I furthermore detached Nero from Registry. I after that rebooted PC as well as turned off Anti Virus. I clicked on new Nero file. It begin extracting however stopped at 63% stating that “ WINDOWS CANNOT discover ‘C\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCAL~1\TEMP\NERO1005442\SETUPX.E XE” I have attempted downloading the file once more but have same trouble.

Re: "Windows cannot find SetupX.exe" error during the Nero 9 Reload

I will recommend you to attempt the following steps and hope this will help you to get rid of your trouble:

i) Go to start and select control paned. Uninstalled Nero version 9 using add or remove program.
    ii) After this run the Nero General-Clean tool on the way to remove all the traces of Nero products
    iii) After that Restart the system
    iv) Clean the registry of all Nero entries
    v) Run the Windows disk cleanup tool
    vi) Now Run CCleaner on the filesystem as well as registry
    vii) Restart once more
    viii)Now Install the Nero 9 update EXE make use of purchased serial key
    ix) Reboot to save the changes
    Last edited by $tatic; 31-12-2010 at 01:49 PM.

Two questions:
    a) What edition of Windows are you making use of? Windows XP, windows Vista, Windows 7? 32 bit or 64bit?
    b) Can you please confirm what file system your C drive is formatted through? Is it FAT or else NTFS? You be able to discover that out by opening "My Computer", after that right-click on the C: drive, select "Properties". Navigate to "General" tab, the entry labeled "File System" be supposed to demonstrate that. Regards,

At what time you uninstalled Nero from your registry, you be supposed to have originate plentiful instance to remove. I had attempt uninstalling by means of Windows Run general clean tool run Windows disk cleanup tool (confirm empty temporary files as well as empty recycle bin are check) restart Turn off Anti Virus (you may also desire on the way to turn off User Access Control even though it does not come into view to be the trouble here) reinstall.

Thanks for reply. At the same time as you be able to observe from my first post I have attempted all the things you recommended. I've just down loaded Nero on the way to my laptop which has by no means had nero on it as well as I obtain the similar error. It have to be something general to both my setups, similar to Anti Virus (Norton’s 360 version 3) I do switch it off at what time attempting on the way to load. I can at a standstill install old updates. Thanks again for any help.

Here are the steps that functioned for me:

1. As a substitute instead of choosing the DVD drive, select File.
    2. After this double-click on the way to enter the VIDEO_TS file on the DVD
    3. At first, the Open dialog does not distinguish Files of kind "Media Files" as well as displays not anything, as a result click the pull down furthermore choose type "Video Files"
    5. Choose the video file on the way to play furthermore it loaded up the file as well as played