Thread: Why do the keyboard arrow keys shortcuts only work while seek bar has the focus in Windows Media Player 12

Why do the keyboard arrow keys shortcuts only work while seek bar has the focus in Windows Media Player 12

In Windows Media Player 11, and I believe previous versions, I could hit the left and right arrow keys on the keyboard when a video was playing to bound forward or backward in the video. I could perform this when a video was playing in a window or in full screen, therefore permitting to utilize just my keyboard to rapidly jump forward and rearward in a video. Now in windows media player 12, this just works while the seek bar has the focus. This means that when playing a video in full screen I have to move the mouse to obtain seek bar to emerge, move the mouse down to seek bar, and after that click on it. After doing this then the arrow keys will work. This defeats the purpose of containing the keyboard shortcut in the primary place. Can you please make the left, right, ctrl + left; ctrl + right, ctrl + shift + left, and ctrl + shift + right keyboard shortcut effort in windows media player 12 the similar as they did in 11? This was a easy feature in windows media player 11 which did not require to be made so intricate in windows media player 12.

Re: Why do the keyboard arrow keys shortcuts only work while seek bar has the focus in Windows Media Player 12

The keyboard shortcuts effort for other windows applications separately from Windows Media Player, if you have unlocked numerous programs at a time and while the cursor is focused on the other application the arrow keys will work for just that application. The arrow keys effort for the programs that are focused on. So i think you get your answer here.

Re: Why do the keyboard arrow keys shortcuts only work while seek bar has the focus in Windows Media Player 12

I don't think that you understand the problem. I am completely conscious that keyboard shortcut keys will just work in the program which has the focus, but in windows media player 12, just containing the focus on the program does not facilitate these shortcut keys. You must have the focus on the seek bar within windows media player 12 for the arrow shortcut keys to effort. Please attempt these steps yourself so you understand:
    1. Unlock windows media player 12
    2. Play any video in a window or full screen
    3. Make sure that windows media player 12 has the focus
    4. Push the forward or backward keys on the keyboard, note that not anything occurs
    5. Utilize the mouse to click on the seek bar in windows media player, the progress bar with the slider which you can haul forward and backward to scan via the playing video.
    6. Now that the seek bar has the focus, attempt the arrow keys once more, remind that they currently work to move forward and backward via the video

I have an identical trouble and to be honest you have made ideal sense but it appears to me he did not even read it correctly. I am dyeing to discover a media player which does 3 things that I might add are widely required.

1. Being able to bounce forward via files utilizing shortcut keys just like over.
    2. Being able to Tag files as well with shortcut keys in a media player.
    3. Being able to remove from hard drive when in a media player.

All must be available in full screen form. How tough cant that be?