Thread: Error: Copying Prohibited while try to view certain channels in Windows Media Center

Error: Copying Prohibited while try to view certain channels in Windows Media Center

I receive the error in Windows Media Center "Copying Prohibited" while I try to play definite channels. I am running Microsoft Windows 7 Home. While in Media Center I receive the error message 'Copying Prohibited" while I attempt to play certain channels. No effort to record, just play. It possibly coincidence, but this appears to start while I turned on my copy of Windows. I as well receive 'play ready unsuccessful to update' if I attempt to perform an update in setup. I don't mind losing my recorded TV shows if I have to do a few sort of DRM reset. Please provide some Suggestions?

Re: Error: Copying Prohibited while try to view certain channels in Windows Media Center

I have attempted rolling back my video driver, rebuilding the guide, a complete re-setup via media center, and even uninstalling and reinstalling tuners. I still, not able to see few of my shows which are tagged as "Copy Protected." Are those footage toasted? Is there not anything I can perform to watch them? Please give some hint or some suggestions.

Re: Error: Copying Prohibited while try to view certain channels in Windows Media Center

When did your troubles begin? Is it starting later than activation? Did you modify CPU? I would like to discover what activates these DRM upsets. I can still play my recorded TV illustrates and I can record novel ones. I am not able to update play ready and view National Geographic Channel. I am quite certain activation caused it. If you can discover what triggered your troubles you can attempt reinstating a backup made previous to that event. If play ready has determined you have a novel machine, I don't think reinstalling things will assist. Microsoft wants to weigh in on this.

As far as I know, the trouble has survives since I setup Microsoft Windows 7. I have additional video programs installed with their individual codec’s. However, I immobilized all of those codec’s in the troubleshooting page of DVD maker. This trouble takes place in Media Center; on the other hand, I don't even start to utilize any codec’s while I receive the error message. It just tells me it cannot process the TV file format. I can begin to burn the file to disk in DVD Maker but there is no sound and it collides close to the start of the procedure. At present I can just utilize 3rd party programs, as none of the Windows 7 or Windows Live programs effort properly with the TV files.