Thread: "This is not Spam" option in Outlook Junk E Mail greyed out

"This is not Spam" option in Outlook Junk E Mail greyed out

I have recently updated to Norton Internet Security 2011. After updating it I exposed that "This is not Spam" option that is there on Junk E Mail In Outlook becomes greyed out and "This is Spam" option becomes black. Because of that I am not able to legitimate emails to my inbox. Is there is anyone who is having the similar problem or have any suggestion for this. I will appreciate all the helpful suggestions for this.

Re: "This is not Spam" option in Outlook Junk E Mail greyed out

I consider that it is the problem with the outlook update. If the outlook that you are using is outdated then you may get the problems like this. So the first thing that you need to do is to update the outlook. I am saying this because one of my friends was also facing the similar problem and he did the same to resolve the problem. After updating it made it normal and he never faced any problem like that from then. So you also do the same and this can solve the problem for you too.

I also believe that this problem is related by means of the current MS update. The issue is appearing to be associated to KB 2412171. If you type KB 2412171 in Google then you will get quite a lot of people with this problem. The common opinion or solution for this seems to be to uninstall KB 2412171 from add/remove programs. After that "hide" it within windows update which is stopping it from being re-offered. I did the same and this makes the Outlook comes back to normal.

I think that the update that you have done was not proper and that is why it is making those two options buggy. So my suggestion to you is to do the update again. Make sure that you have proper connection to the internet. If you have loose connection then some of the files will get corrupted while downloading and this can make the issues like this. So do the update once again and check whether it solves the problem for you or not.

Check whether this is related to any specific account or it is there for all account. If it is for some specific account then re-updating can solve the problem but if it is only for any specific account then you can create a new account and delete the existing account. But do this is no other solution helps you I mean that make this as the last option only if you have tried all the possible solution for it. Good Luck!!!