Thread: Event 523 Media Center Extender Setup failed at step 120

Event 523 Media Center Extender Setup failed at step 120

While I primary attempted to connect my Xbox to my Microsoft Windows 7 media center, the computer froze halfway through the procedure. Later than restarting my computer and Xbox, I have been not capable to attach my computer to any Xbox; I have attempted three dissimilar 360's with no luck. I have been teach to modify the language bar settings, it was not at all on, and altering its settings did not assist, get rid of certificates with the MMC console, there were not at all any credentials, and uninstall the extender and Media Center software on the computer and Xbox in that order, the extender does not contain an "Uninstall" button and there was not at all anything setup to the XBOX. I don’t have firewall installed, and Windows Firewall has been immobilized. Even though I cannot access the extender utilities on the XBOX, I can stream music and video that is communal through Windows Media Player. I can observe the extender in Media Center, it seems automatically in the media center, but entering the code listed on the XBOX screen yields the error: "an error was come across when configuring your PC for utilize with this Extender."

Re: Event 523 Media Center Extender Setup failed at step 120

I was not on a domain but I just shaped a novel workgroup and fixed it connected windows media center for the primary time!! And appears to be functioning excellent thus far! It got 2 hours of fiddle around, and a few complicated tools, but I figured out that the communication was being infertile by a firewall setting necessary by my domain's security group policy that tries to unlock the accurate ports emerged to have succeeded, but went right back to their blocked situation. To resolve:
    1. I plunged my machine from its domain, adding it to a novel workgroup with a random name.
    2. Rebooted.
    3. Executed the standard join process between the Xbox and the computer. This time it affected.
    4. Later than utilizing the Extender for a bit to make sure functionality, I rejoined the PC to the domain and booted again.
    5. Later than reboot established that the Xbox was still balancing I am currently viewing my photographs in style.

I recommend you to verify whether the PC is joined to a domain. If the PC is connected to a domain, conclude whether the group policy is causing this error. To perform this, momentarily eliminate the PC from the domain, start again the PC, and after that attempt to insert the Xbox 360 console as an Extender once more. If the Group Policy settings are causing the connection problems, then pursue the following steps. Eliminate the Media Center Extender certificate. To eliminate the certificate, follow these steps:
    1. Click on Start, enter mmc in the Search box, and after that push enter.
    2. Click on the File menu, and after that click Add or Remove Snap-in.
    3. Click on Certificates, and afterward click on Add.
    4. Choose Computer account, and after that click Next.
    5. Choose Local computer, and after that click Finish.
    6. Click on Ok.
    7. In the Navigation Pane, below Console Root, enlarge Certificates, enlarge Personal, and after that click on Certificates.
    8. Right click Microsoft Windows Media Center Extender Host, and after that click Delete.

Yes, you are right but later than you abolish the certificate, uninstall the Extender, and after that reinstall the Extender. To perform this, follow these steps:
    1. Begin, Windows Media Center.
    2. Click on Tasks, and after that click on Settings.
    3. Click Extender, and afterward choose the Xbox 360 console.
    4. Click on Uninstall.
    5. Later than the uninstall procedure is finish, click on Extender once more, and after that click Configure.
    6. While you are provoked for the setup key, follow these steps:
      • Push the Y button on the Xbox 360 Media Remote.
      • Push the Windows Media Center Start button.
      • Reminder the 8 digit setup key.
    7. Go back to the computer, and after that type the setup key.
    8. Finish the Extender setup.

I had accurately the similar trouble others. My XBOX 360 shows up in Windows Media Center which functioning below Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, but there was no UNINSTALL choice, just a Configure button. The condition is shown as not setup. Later than following some directions for eliminating the certificate the computer showed a dissimilar behavior but still broken up with the similar configuration error, "An error was encountered when configuring your PC for utilize with this Extender." This is the situation I am in now, may or may not be a little dissimilar from everybody else. I utilized to obtain the configuration error right away, now however the XBOX360 does not illustrate in the extender list so I don't want to "uninstall" it. I don't aware how I got it to that status. While I try to put in an extender, on the "Configuring Your Extender and Computer" screen it places a check spot subsequent to "Configuring computer settings" and "Searching for your Extender". It as well shows a popup window saying that Media Extender drivers were setup and that a novel Media Center Extender device is prepared to utilize. But after that the similar Configuration Error emerges.