Thread: Unable to play the recorded TV program with windows media centre

Unable to play the recorded TV program with windows media centre

I am not able to play a recorded TV program in the media centre. Actually I am working on the windows 7 operating system and that too with the Intel corei3 processor. Now the thing here is that whenever I am trying to play a video that is the recorded TV program then it is giving me an error message instead of playing the TV program and the error message says that “Video Error...files needed to display video are not installed or are not working correctly. Restart windows media center or restart the computer”. I really don’t know why I am getting this error and also unable to solve the same.

Re: Unable to play the recorded TV program with windows media centre

As the error that you are getting it seems to me that the recorded TV program is no more exists and that is the reason why it is giving you this error. Actually the error that you are getting here is due to the missing file because the media center is unable to fetch the TV program that you are trying to view. Now what you have to do here is that retry and have an access on the network and again try to view the video, I guess the fresh connection will not give you any issue.

Well if you will ask me then I will suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and see whether it helps you or not:
    • First of all click on start and then you have to type run in the search box and press enter
    • Then you have to click on the Run program in the program list
    • And if the system asks you for the administrator password then you have to confirm the same.
    • Now in the open box you have to type %systemdrive%\programdata\microsoft\ehome
    • And then just click ok
    • And then the mediacenterdatastore.db will be opened so you have to right click on the same and delete it
    • After deleting restart the system and then again start the media center ,hope this time it will not give you any issues.

I was also facing the similar kind of problem a few days back and I guess you are also going through the same phase and if you want solve the same then just do the following:
    • Explore the control panel from the start button.
    • And select the programs and features
    • Then you will find the option called "Turn Windows features on or off” in the extreme left side just click it in the left pane.
    • Now you have to expand the media features and then uncheck the check box which is preceded by Windows Media Center and click on OK to finish.
    • And now restart the system
    • At last you have to just launch the Windows Media center and then see how it goes, initialize the program.

I think you have to update the windows media center that you have and then see whether it allows you to play the video. Actually it happens if the media centre is not updates then it tends to give such errors, So what you have to do here is hat visit the official site and then find the update over there and download the same on your system. After that you have to install the same on the system and then see whether it works. As per my experience it will work for you and also will help you to solve the problem that you are facing.