Thread: Is there any way to turn off auto save in the photo viewer

Is there any way to turn off auto save in the photo viewer

I have made a spotless setup of Windows 7 Home Premium. As I looked through some of my images, I utilized the "rotate button" to view it upright. As I clicked on the "Next" button, the photo was saved devoid of any verification. I do not require saving any changes prepared in the photo viewer at all, and I have not established any setting for this. How can I turn off auto save in the photo viewer?

Re: Is there any way to turn off auto save in the photo viewer

Please note the last modification you perform on your computer will be saved automatically on your computer and that will be unaffected except you alter it another time on your computer. As this is a by design, there would be not anything much we can do from our end. So I don’t think I can help you more than that. But I will surely find some more information for you if you cannot get your answer.

It possibly cannot be changed, but I am inquisitive regarding one thing. Why every people are so irritated with that auto-saving feature? It is not altering quality. If you select to turn the image, it means that with no auto-saving I guess you would do this each time while you perceive the picture. What is the sense in that? Auto-save later than rotating makes things simpler, but every people are complying regarding that.

Are you telling that it someone really took an active conclusion to not permit the feature to be turned off or on? I can appreciate that someone would decide that it should be default to automatically save the image, but containing alternatives to twist the feature on or off does not appear like an expensive feature to implement. I am not actually asking for a redesign, just an alternative to permit the user an option to auto save changes or not, but I will submit a demand utilizing the link.

It is altering quality if the photo is stored in a loss format. Every moderns digital cameras worth its salt is including EXIF information that comprises information regarding how the photo was taken, i.e. what is "up" and "down" in the image. That information can be utilized by a photo viewer program to exhibit the photo in the similar path with no making permanent changes to the file system. It seems that the "photo viewer" does not sustain EXIF "rotating" data, so after that the photos have to be rotated by hand. I occur to think that the user should have an alternative in the stuff while performing potentially unhelpful things, like auto saving a photo in loss format. I would not have a trouble with BMP, GIF or same lossless formats, but what if kids view the photos and makes numerous saves or rotations of photos in JPEG or alike? I asked for an alternative to turn it off or on, not to eliminate it. You can currently have auto save twisted on, if that is you pleasure, so I cannot truly see why it would be a trouble having the option?