Thread: Vertical lines issue while viewing photos on Windows 7 Photo viewer

Vertical lines issue while viewing photos on Windows 7 Photo viewer

While viewing a jpg with Windows 7 Photo viewer, though I be able to observe the thumbnail okay, the photo show okay in slideshow, as well as it is as well okay in Paint, what I obtain in the Photo viewer is now a vertical colored line, as the picture is squashed any side. Similar to this snip from the Snip tool. So help me out to get out from this problem as soon as possible. Thanks……..

Re: Vertical lines issue while viewing photos on Windows 7 Photo viewer

Initially, as a workaround you might attempt zooming the picture, closing the window as well as opening the picture again. Make sure by means of other photographs as well as observe whether the similar performance carry on. This will verify whether the problem is connected to the photo viewer or the files. If the problem is to perform with photo viewer, after that you might run System File Checker (SFC) Scan on your computer to observe if any system files are damage or missing that could have put in to this problem.

You have to go to an elevated command prompt. To perform this, you have to press on Start, after that press All Programs, and then select Accessories, and after that right-press Command Prompt, as well as next press Run as administrator. If you are encouraged for an administrator password or for verification, you have to provide the password, or press Allow. Then you have to Type the following command, as well as after that hit ENTER:
    sfc /scannow
    Having run SFC scan, go to the photographs with Photo Viewer as well as observe whether the problem is solved.

If you have a dissimilar user account, login to that account as well as make sure if the affected photographs bring in okay. If it does, after that almost certainly the other user account is damage.If you do not have a new user account, you might generate one for check function. Open User Accounts through pressing the Start key, selecting Control Panel, and after that pressing User Accounts and Family Safety, as well as after that pressing User Accounts. If you are encouraged for an administrator password or verification, you have to type the password or give verification. Then you have to press Create a new account. Type the name you would like to provide the user account, press an account type, plus afterward press Create Account. May this will help you

I have attempted zooming as well as reopening with the similar consequence. The files precious are .jpgs, however not the entire of them even although they were in use with the similar camera. The entire these photos were okay in windows XP. While I altered to windows Vista is what time it occurs, however it affected the thumbnails also. Windows 7 has certain me the previews back, however not the pictures. I ran the SFC scan which reports the whole thing okay.

I solved the verticle line issue in Win 7 by right clicking on the picture, select properties, select details, scroll down and I put a 0220 in EXIF Version. Works every time for me so far. I have no clue as to why.