Thread: Windows Media center is not recording anything

Windows Media center is not recording anything

I installed Windows 7 last month by doing a complete install. I set up Windows Media Center to record to a 500 GB outer hard drive. Shows were being recorded until one Sunday, after which Windows Media Center at a standstill point to that there were recordings planned, however no new recordings come into view on the hard drive or in the Recorded TV listings. Can you give pleasure to suggest any help? I feel like I cannot belief Windows to record the shows I wish for.

Re: Windows Media center is not recording anything

I solved this trouble by altering the recording target to the 250 GB hard drive installed in the computer. This had the consequence of creating the entire the shows on my outside hard drive unapproachable in Windows Media Center; however Media Center started to record over again. i hope this information will help you to solve your issue so try this once.

From my opinion you have to rename the recording.xml folder. You have to follow the following steps to do this.
    1. First of all you have to Right press on "Computer" plus choose "Manage".
    2. After that in "Services and Applications" you will observe "Services" go to "Services" as well as end "Windows Media Center Scheduler Service" as well as "Windows Media Center Receiver Service".
    3. Then you have to go to the following directory "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome\Recording".
    4. Then you have to close down both of the Media Center services plus rapidly rename the "Recording.xml" as well as "Recording.xml.bak”.
    5. Then begin the service "Windows Media Center Service Launcher" .

Let’s attempt the following to perform the register a missing portion of media center
    1. You have to press on Start plus type cmd.exe in the search bar.
    2. After that you have to Right press on cmd.exe in the programs pane.
    3. as well as press on Run as Administrator.
    4. After that in the elevated command prompt you have to type the subsequent instructions as well as hit Enter following each command.
    5. Now start the Media Center again.
    Hope it helps.