Thread: Moviemaker unable to read the. MOV file

Moviemaker unable to read the. MOV file

Well I have a gateway desktop Pc at home with the windows 7 home premium operating system installed on it. I have recently copied some video files from my Canon 7D camera on my system and they are played properly in the windows media player. But when I decided to edit the same video files with the help of movie maker the movie maker was not able to detect the file or you can say that it was not able to read the file. And after that attempt the files were not even played in the windows media player also. I can’t figure what it is going on here and also unable to fix the issue, so any help regarding it will be appreciated.

Re: Moviemaker unable to read the. MOV file

I guess your system is not having the Klite pack installed over it and that is the reason why the moviemaker is unable to read this files. So what I want you to do is just install the Klite pack on your system and that as soon as possible and then get the issue solved with in not period of time. Actually Klite pack helps the moviemaker to view the video file and then you can edit the same. I hope that installing the klite pack will definitely helpyou to resolve the issue.

If you are unable to view the files in the windows media player then just make sure that you are having the quickTime player on your system. Actually such files are well supported by the quickTime player. In fact if the file is once edited then it will be viewed properly in the quickTime player only. So what you have to do here is that if the quickTime player is not installed on your system then you have to install it and gets your file played. I guess quickTime player will play the file which you are unable to play in the windows media player.

Check the version of codec which is installed on your system and if it is not the updated one then you have to install the latest and the updated codec on the system. I guess installing the codec will not give you any such issues further and if still the problem arrived then you have to look out for windows update and then install the latest update on your system. If the updates are installed then all the program related to windows will get updated and so do the moviemaker and the updated one will definitely read that file that you want and also will allow you to edit it.