Thread: Windows Media Center Movie library: Movie icons do not appear

Windows Media Center Movie library: Movie icons do not appear

Here my problem is with Microsoft Windows 7 Media Center and icons. I have shaped the appropriate pathway going from my computer to my movies. Every other pathways work pictures, my videos, and my music and so on. On the other hand, with My Movies I do not obtain icons from the movies I have in my library. I show the pictures and they play. But all I have it the printed title of the movies not the picture. Can anyone help me solve this issue?

Re: Windows Media Center Movie library: Movie icons do not appear

At last way out to the trouble! I establish it from Google. I got the .avi file and place it together with a .jpg file that I copied from the other site. While you discover the picture on the website, right click on the picture. After that go to the bottom and remove the name in the box. After that while you save the picture, rename it folder. I after that joint the 2 files into a novel folder which I renamed later than the movie I had. While that is all done go back to media center and go through the procedure of adding folders in Media Library. The icons will be established.

1. Are you unable to observe thumbnails view of movies only in media centre or does the similar occurs in Windows Explorer?
    2. Did you setup any third party movie players?
    3. What is the format form of movie files?
    4. Is the problem precise to a exacting file format or you cannot perceive the thumbnails of all formats?

If you have setup any third party codec’s setup on the PC, I would suggest you to uninstall it and verify as it might be causing a disagreement. If that does not work uninstall third party players and ensure for the problem.

I also have the same issue and as you say, I uninstalled all third party software. It does not stuff which format I utilize .avi or .wmv I still just perceive the printed title of the movies. There are no thumbnails. If I put in my movies folder to Videos folder, I am able to observe the thumbnails. On the other hand, if I insert My Movies to Movie Library, no thumbnails are there. I can observe the icons in explorer. I as well attempted to load the movie folder in safe form. I just get a message which said "An essential section of Windows Media Center did not start correctly. Start again Windows Media center."

Try inserting the similar folder as a 'Recorded TV' basis in Media Center. I amass my movies in a split folder and have the similar trouble if the folder is added the media libraries as a 'Movies' source. On the other hand if the similar folder is as well added as a 'Recorded TV' source, then the thumbnails emerge in both Recorded TV and in the Movie Library. The disadvantage of this obviously is that your movies will as well emerge in the Recorded TV library