Thread: Thumbnail still appears on folder after deleting files

Thumbnail still appears on folder after deleting files

I have recently upgraded my windows Vista Home 64 in to Windows 7 Professional 64. All time I removed a picture the thumbnail still appears in my pictures folder until I refresh. This simply seems to occur when I am in thumbnail or in content view in my pictures. In case I am in details or list view menu, the picture is disappears like it's invented to. My music and videos file does not appear to have this trouble yet in thumbnail view. Is anybody also having this problem I am waiting for your help.

re: Thumbnail still appears on folder after deleting files

I would like to suggest you to start your computer into safe mode and try to repeat the same and make sure if the issue repeats or not. Safe mode starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and services. Safe mode is a another way of troubleshooting for Windows that boot your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The words Safe Mode appear in the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you're using.

I think you can follow these steps to start into safe mode with networking. First restart your computer and keep pressing the F8 key on your use the F8 key form keyboard when the Boot Menu appears. Now choose Safe Mode when the advanced startup Options menu comes, and then use ENTER key form keyboard. Then restart your computer once and check.

I recommend you to do a System File Checker (SFC) scan for your computer. SFC tool use to scans system files and it can replace wrong versions of the system files by using the accurate versions. To use the System File Checker tool follow this steps. First click on Start then enter cmd in the Start Search empty box. Now right click in cmd form the Programs list and then click on Run as administrator. In case you are prompted for an administrator password or verification then give your password or click to next. Now at the command prompt follow the line and then use ENTER on sfc /scannow. After that you can come on that file and check.

As per my knowledge there are different reason for this issue from this I have experienced one that when your system gets corrupt with virus or spyware then this problem can happens. This type of virus take a copy of thumbnail of the file which corrupted by it and then it does not allow you to delete this from your computer. So I think you just need update your antivirus and scan your hard disk once.