Thread: cannot open picture by Windows Photo Viewer when switch user to other account

cannot open picture by Windows Photo Viewer when switch user to other account

I have made two accounts on computer. One is for administrator and second is for standard user. When I try to open the picture with the use of windows photo viewer, it will be able to be start well on administrator. Then I toggle to the standard user and try to open the picture with the use of windows photo viewer then it displays error message on screen. Windows unable to access the particular device or file. You don’t have the right to use this item. But when I open that same picture with Paint then it is working fine. I don’t know what’s problem with this if anyone have idea about this so please let me know.

re: cannot open picture by Windows Photo Viewer when switch user to other account

First Check if the images are stored in the Administrator account or not. If they are stored in Administrator account you will unable to access it. You need to share the folder and files and provide permission to everybody to access it. I would advise you to concern permissions to a file or folder and verify if it works, here are the steps for this. First Right click on the file or folder and then on properties. Now select the security option, and then select Edit option. Now to place permissions for a user that is not assigning to the Group or user names. Click on add and enter the name of the user or group and click on OK. Now select the permissions and at last click on OK. Now restart computer once and check.

re: cannot open picture by Windows Photo Viewer when switch user to other account

As per my knowledge if you require to manually applying permissions to a file or folder, go with this the steps below. Manually applying permissions to this is something that only superior users should do because you may wind up with unintended results. First right click on the file or folder and then click on Properties. Now click on the security option and then choose edit option. Now you can follow any one things form these. First to place permissions for a user that is not listed in the group or user names, click on add enter the name of the user or group then click on OK after that click on the permissions and then click on OK. Another thing is that to modify or eliminate permissions from a presented group or user, click on the name of the group or use click on the permissions, and then click on OK.

This problem can depends on public folder sharing status such as on or off. When Public folder sharing is switch on, anybody on your computer or network can contact these folders. When it's turned off, then only people with a user account and password on your computer have access. For this first open advanced sharing settings with the Start button, and then click on control panel. In the search box, enter advanced sharing settings. Then click on the chevron to enlarge your present network profile. Below the public folder sharing, choose anyone of the following options. Make it on for sharing so anyone with network is able to read and write files in the Public folders or make it off for public folder sharing. After that click on save changes option. If you're impelled for an administrator password or verification, enter the password or give confirmation.

As per my knowledge when you distribute the public folder on your computer with other computer, they able to open and see the files stored there just as if they were keep on their personal computers. If you provide them permission to modify files, any changes they make will modify the files on your computer. If you going to on click a Public folder, you will get view of Advanced sharing settings in the Share with option. This option gets you to Control Panel, where you can change Public folder sharing on and off.