Thread: Require a compatible DVD decoder

Require a compatible DVD decoder

I have recently purchased a brand new Asus notebook and also an external USB DVD/CD drive. Now the thing here is that it is easily playing the CD but whenever I am trying to play a DVD then it says that it won’t be run and an error message is thrown to me saying that “need a DVD decoder”. The first thing here is that I don’t know what DVD decoder is and also don’t know what it does. Now as said I need to install the DVD decoder on my system so please suggest me one that will help me to solve the issue. For your kind information I am using the windows 7 operating system with the Intel core i3 processor.

Re: Require a compatible DVD decoder

Well the first thing that would like to tell you here is that when you purchase the DVD than at that time only you must have got the decoder because it normally comes with the drive only. So what you have to do here is that see whether you have got and disk containing such utilities. And if you found anything such then just install on your system. I am sure that it will help you to get the decoder and also will help you out in this case.

According to me if you will try and install the decoder on the windows 7 operating system then it will not support because the only version of windows 7 can hold it and that too the windows 7 ultimate. So first of all you have to check out whether you are using the windows 7 ultimate and then only install the decoder, because if it is not then it won’t be compatible on the system.

If this is the case then I will suggest you to go with the CinePlayer DVD Decoder 3.2. In fact I am also using the similar one and mind you it is serving me the best. Actually is the free one and specially designed for the windows 7 users. I am sure that it will not give you any compatibility issue and also will be easily installed on your system. So what you have to do here is that just download it an then install on your system And get rid of the problem that you are facing.

I was also facing the similar kind of problem a few days back and I too was getting the same error the system was asking for the DVD decoder and I guess you are also going through the same phase. And to really sort out the issue you have to just install the Free Studio Free DVD Decoder 1.0.8. well this is the software that will help you to decode the DVD to VCD , SVCD,MPEG_1,2,3,4 and also a AVI. It also supports the portable devices and also the latest iPods and iPhones. It is the easily available software and the installation process is also not complicated. I hope that installing this software will help you.