Thread: How to Transcode with Windows Media Player

How to Transcode with Windows Media Player

I have a Sony Bravia KDL32-W5500 and want to play some AVI video files on that. I am searching that if there is any ways by which Windows Media Player can transcode the AVI file to some other format so that it can be played on my TV. I heard that it is possible but don’t know that how can I do this. If you have any idea about this or know that how can I do that then please post your suggestion to me. Thank you.

Re: How to Transcode with Windows Media Player

Yes, it is possible and you will be able to watch the AVI files on the TV but it depends on the compatibility of TV through Windows 7. It makes use of a technology which is known as Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA). It will use the TV by means of DLNA logo and you will be able to browse the media library accessible on the Windows 7 computer. You can make use of the TV to look at the video as well as pictures and listen to music kept in the computer. For example if you have DivX movie and you wish to see that movie on your new DLNA certified television that just supports WMV plus MPEG2. If that is the case then Windows 7 will decide the ability of the TV and vigorously change the DivX video to format which can be played by the TV.

If you wish for to setup the streaming then you can follow the steps below.
    1. Click on the Start button and select all programs and then click on the Windows Media Player. If it is already opened then you can click on the Switch to Library which is there on the upper right corner of the screen.
    2. Now click the Stream and then choose “Automatically allow devices to play my media”
    3. Click on the “Automatically allow all computers and media devices” from dialog box of Allow All Media Devices. If you do not wish to permit all devices then you should select “Do not automatically allow computers and media devices”

If the Windows media player is able to play the content on the computer then the content will approximately for all time play back on the network attached device. Bandwidth estimation techniques are utilized to do the media streaming in the home as well as over the internet that allows Windows 7 for transcoding with the majority of best possible format with bit rate. The format as well as bit rate selected for transcoding particularly for video is extremely reliant on the CPU concert of transcoding computer as recognized by its Windows Experience Index.

There are many softwares available on internet that can help you to change the format of the video files. You can search and download the one from internet. Install that to your computer and use that to convert the format of the video. I am using Total video convertor and I van say that it is the vest software to do that. It supports almost all the formats and can convert that to any format. I am sure that this will help you. Thank you.