Thread: Adobe shows grayscale in purple color on Windows 7

Adobe shows grayscale in purple color on Windows 7

I have opened one image on an Adobe Photoshop and there seems to be something wrong with an Adobe as it is showing a Grayscale image as with the purple colors in it, In fact whole image seems to be affected purple color. Can anybody tell me that what would be an issue and due to which it is showing such weird image colors? I am currently having Windows Vista running on this machine.

Re: Adobe shows grayscale in purple color on Windows 7

I guess there would be something wrong with the adobe itself as it does not seems to be possible that graphic card would be responsible for not displaying an image color in proper way. I have an idea by which you can confirm about the same issue. Open the same image in some other image editing tool and check that which color it shows as if it shows the same as that of adobe then there is nothing wrong with an adobe. You need to check that original image colors.

I suggest you to check the settings on your adobe photoshop as there would be some kind of settings applied for making an image as grayscale. I suggest you to check that is there any such tool or function has been enabled which might be making changes in an image as soon as you open any image on your adobe photoshop. Or you may just reset all the settings on your adobe after which it might not show any such problem.

It could be windows drivers as well which might not be compatible with the adobe photoshop software and hence results shown by the adobe are bit weird. I suggest you to update the graphic drivers of your machine and then check that adobe works properly or not. It is always best to update the drivers from the Device Manager as it gives you shortcut way to update the drivers for any hardware connected to your system. But make sure that you are installing the drivers as per the version of your windows operating system.

Most probably it does not happens but it could also be something regarding the monitor itself as if there would be any dead pixels on your monitor then it might show you different colors on the screen that changes an original color of an image that you have opened on your machine. I check dragging the same pictures in different sections of your monitor screen and then check that is there any minor changes in color is occurring or not while you move image on the screen.