Thread: Window Media Player 12 Allow Internet Access cannot be enabled in Windows 7 Professional

Window Media Player 12 Allow Internet Access cannot be enabled in Windows 7 Professional

Hello friends, I've been having trouble with my computer system, which is running Windows 7 Professional version. Windows Media Player 12 has an alternative to stream media over the internet, an alternative called "allow access to home media..." I have properly connected computer to a Windows Live ID, as suggested. The difficulty takes place when I try an attempt to enable the choice to "allow access to home media." usually, you would choose this alternative, and after that you would acquire a UAC prompt, and after that a authentication that internet access is currently enabled. I've had this difficulty for several times on a desktop build that had the professional version installed from the start. My system initially had the Home Premium version of Windows 7, and never had this difficulty. I freshly installed up to professional, and the difficulty survives on it. Any help

Re: Window Media Player 12 Allow Internet Access cannot be enabled in Windows 7 Professional

I now solved out the difficulty. All I had to do was re-enable "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service", and Internet streaming can now be enabled. As a result: (1) first you have to click to the Start button on the task bar and from that go at the Run option and in that type "services.msc" and click Enter button. (2) After getting the result roll down and locate "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service". (3) In that you have the right-click on to it and from the list of options you should have to go at the Properties option. (4) Modify the startup type to "Automatic (Delayed)" and then click on the push button to "Start" the service and then finally click Ok. After performing these steps you will now get the confirmation dialog while trying to enable Internet Streaming in WMP.

Re: Window Media Player 12 Allow Internet Access cannot be enabled in Windows 7 Professional

I am sure that it is not the bug, there may be several applications or method that are blocking on the system. Confirm the following settings are right. (1) close all the working application and then open the Windows Media Player. (2) now you move the mouse to the Tools option or can press the Alt key from the keyboard and select the Tools option. (3) in that click to the Options and from that go at the Network Tab. (4) . Confirm RTSP/UDP, RTSP/TCP, HTTP is checked and also check the mouse button on the option “allow the player to receive multicast streams”. (5) after performing it click Apply to change the settings and then click to the Ok button.

Though the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service was enabled on my system this do prompt me to begin network related services that were disabled single at a time. Finally I originate the answer exact to my system: IP Helper service was disabled >>> enabling it and setting to Automatic (Delayed) set the trouble. Window Media Player must ensure all dependencies and report if any are disabled or not running. Try it!

What you may do is try to disable the Microsoft Security Essentials. This may help you out. Also I think that you may have the any third party firewall or security software installed on your system. Also I recommend you to momentarily disable the User Account Control on the system and try an attempt for streaming the video. Also keep in mind that do not turn User Account Control off. If you turn it off, then you must turn it on back on as soon as possible.