Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to save video in Windows Media Player 12

Windows Software

Old 30-12-2010

How to save video in Windows Media Player 12

I have seen something new but bad in Windows Media Player 12 as I used to save videos from an older version. Actually when I click on File then there used to be Save As option which is missing in Windows Media Player 12. I was using Windows Media Player 11 and on top of the Toolbar, There was a option as Save As while you have selected the video file. Can you guys tell me that this option has been removed from the list or there is some other way to accomplish the same task.

Old 30-12-2010

Re: How to save video in Windows Media Player 12

I think there is no such changes in the new version of the Windows Media Player as I have seen the option Save As which can be selected from the Skin Mode while your media player is playing the video. I suggest you open any video in the full screen mode and then press the CTRL+2 which will take you to the Skin Mode where you can see the Save As option. Check about the same this time.
Old 30-12-2010

It is not possible that microsoft will remove such a basic functionality from their media player and specially the functionality that I don't think would be missing in any of the older versions of the Windows Media Player. I think you should check that your windows media player has been installed properly or not and the file format that you are playing is perfectly compatible with the WMP 12. Once you have confirmed about all these things then you should simply try reinstalling the WMP 12 on your machine.
Old 30-12-2010

Yet, I have not understood properly as what you are intended to do on your Windows Media Player. Once opened the video on your WMP 12 then you want to save the same video on your local driver which means that you are playing the video from an internet or some other source like external drive. I think you should never use any media player to save the videos on your machine as it could damage the file and that might not work ever in future. So it is a good habit always to save the videos directly on your local hard drive and then play it or edit it.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,