Thread: Unable to open tiff files in Windows Photo Viewer

Unable to open tiff files in Windows Photo Viewer

I was having Microsoft Windows XP operating system installed on my Acer Aspire 4920. Last night I have installed windows 7 operating system on another driver of my Acer Aspire 4920 laptop. Also I updated the entire driver and installed Kaspersky antivirus with the latest update. After following the proper installation technique I am facing problem with my system such that I am unable to view tiff file in my Windows photo viewer. I need a solution which will help me in troubleshooting this problem so that I can view my tiff files in Windows photo viewer.

Re: Unable to open tiff files in Windows Photo Viewer

Windows 7 operating system has a default program called as “Windows Photo Viewer” which helps us in viewing the program which is similar to windows vista photo viewer. If you are unable to open the tiff files in Windows Photo Viewer then you may need to check the tiff files such that it must the tiff files must not be corrupted or damaged. If the tiff file is corrupted then the Windows Photo Viewer may not open it.

If the Windows Photo Viewer is unable to open to open tiff files then you may need to check that you have installed latest update for your Windows Photo Viewer. If the update for Windows Photo Viewer is not installed then the Windows Photo Viewer will not open the tiff files. You can open the tiff files in Windows Photo Viewer after installing update. You should also update the Windows 7operating system by downloading and installing update patches from the Microsoft website.

I was facing problems from viewing tiff files in Windows Photo Viewer on my Windows 7 operating system. Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I have tried to install update patches for my operating system and the problem has not been resolved. I think that the tiff files might have been corrupted and because of it I cannot open tiff files. I want to restore my tiff files and therefore I need solution through which I can restore my tiff files.

If the tiff files are not opening in Windows Photo Viewer then it might have been corrupted. You can repair the tiff by making use of “PixRecovery” software which is photo recovery software. You need to download and install PixRecovery software on your system. After the installation of PixRecovery software you can easily restore your tiff files and view it in Windows Photo Viewer.