Thread: Blu Ray cannot play movies

Blu Ray cannot play movies

Hi all, I am using HP D5200t. Earlier, I was using Windows XP on my computer but recently, I decided to upgrade to Windows 7. It get installed without any problem but today when I tried to play Blu Ray movies then it was not able to play the movies. I tried it many times but all the times it comes up with the same result. Do you have any suggestion for this? If yes then please let me know that. Thank you.

Re: Blu Ray cannot play movies

Which player do you use to play the Blu Ray movie? I am asking this to you because it is possible that the player that you are using is supporting the Blu Ray. Does it show you any error message when you try to play any Blu Ray movie? So before installing any player to your system, you should confirm that it supports Blu Ray. If that does not support, then you will not be able to pay the movie. I hope that this will clear your idea behind this.

I am also agreeing that many of the media players do not support Blue Ray and as a result, it will show you the issues like this. If you are using the default media player from Windows 7 that is Windows Media Player then I would like to inform you that it also do not support the Blue Ray and thereby cannot play it. So use the one having blue ray support.

You may need to install the codec in your system because the problem may be with the codec. Default codac packages may not be added so you are getting these issues. If you want to add the default codec in windows then you just have to go to these simple steps.
    1. First of all, you have to go to the control panel and open Add/Remove Programs.
    2. Open the Windows Setup tab and select Multimedia or Sounds and Multimedia and after that click on OK.
    3. Again Click on OK and you are done with this.

This issue can be fixed automatically. To do that click on the Fix this problem link and after that click on Run now button from the page of Automated Troubleshooting Services and just follow the onscreen instructions for this Wizard. Those are very simple steps and you can do that easily on reading the instruction. Click here to go to that page.