Thread: Troubleshooting Windows DVD maker doesn't recognize mts file

Troubleshooting Windows DVD maker doesn't recognize mts file

Recently I have upgraded my Microsoft Windows XP operating system to Windows 7 on my Desktop. Also I have updated all my driver and also installed latest update for my Kaspersky antivirus. I have taken video from my digital camera which are in the mts file format. I want to burn these mts file to a DVD so I transferred these file on my desktop with the help of USB cable. To burn these files I started Windows DVD maker which is a tool provided by my Windows7 operating system. When I tried to browse my mts file by clicking on add button from my Windows DVD maker, then my Windows DVD maker doesn’t recognize mts file. I need a solution so that I can burn these mts video file to DVD.

Re: Troubleshooting Windows DVD maker doesn't recognize mts file

Windows DVD maker is en efficient application which comes with Windows Vista, and Windows 7 operating system. You can burn or create DVD by making use of Windows DVD maker. If you are having mts file and you want to burn it to DVD then you can make use of Windows DVD maker software. If the Windows DVD maker software is unable to recognize the mts file located in your system then there might be a possibility that the mts file is not corrupted. If the mts file is corrupted then Windows DVD maker cannot recognize it.

My Windows DVD maker was not recognizing my mts file. Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I have downloaded and installed Moyea MTS/M2TS Converter on my computer system. After the installation I have converted all my videos to avi file format. By making use of Windows DVD maker I have burned the avi file to DVD without any error. I want to know that if I can record MTS file format to DVD. If yes then provide me a solution which will help me in recording mts file.

Yes you can record mts file to DVD very easily. The steps to record mts file to DVD are given below:
    1. You need to start the system and insert blank DVD into DVD-ROM drive.
    2. You need to start “DVDStyler” software which you have installed in your system and then import the mts file into DVDStyler software.
    3. You need to perform a simulation to assess the disc. If the simulation is satisfied then you need to click on save button to save all changes to the project.
    4. Now you need to burn the project and after the burning process is completed, DVD will be ejected.
    5. Now you can insert the DVD into DVD player and record the video.

If you are having mts file and you want to burn mts file to DVD but suppose if Windows DVD maker software is not recognizing the mts file then you can easily resolve this issue. You can convert mts file to avi or any other file format and then use of Windows DVD maker to burn it to DVD. You can convert the mts file to avi file format by making use of “Moyea MTS/M2TS Converter” software. The steps to convert mts file to avi file are given below:
    1. You may need to download and install Moyea MTS/M2TS Converter software on your system.
    2. After the installation of Moyea MTS/M2TS Converter you need to open it by double clicking on it.
    3. In the Moyea MTS/M2TS Converter window, you must click on “Add” button to select MTS video files from the location on your computer which you want to convert.
    4. You must then click on the menu next to "Format" to select output file type and select avi file format.
    5. Click on the convert button from the lower right corner of the Moyea MTS/M2TS Converter window. After conversion message will appear on the screen.