Thread: Media Keys Unable to Function For MediaMonkey

Media Keys Unable to Function For MediaMonkey

Hello friends, the problem I usually I face is that media keys not functioning with media monkey, they unable to function until I open Window Media Player in background. Currently I am using the Windows 7 Ultimate with 64 bits and too have Sidewinder keyboard on that media keys are present. Keyboard driver is of the intellitype pro 7.0. The indication I get is while the both of media player are not open, I force down to play key - mediamonkey opens. Secondly when barely mediamonkey is open, I press play key - mediamonkey start flashing in task bar as I have opened it once more. Also I observe is that when i open Window Media Player, press open not anything takes place. After that I click play/pause on monitor next media keys start functioning correctly. Then I minimize WMP and open mediamonkey media keys works correctly for mediamonkey. Then i close WMP and media keys stop functioning for mediamonkey also. Help me

Re: Media Keys Unable to Function For MediaMonkey

Try to disable User account Control and then make sure whether MediaMonkey is recognized as media player though it’s not compulsory to do: (1). Go at the Start button from the task bar, and after that click on to the Control Panel options. (2). From the Control Panel, click on to the User Accounts option. (3). inside the User Accounts pane, click User Accounts. (4). within the User Accounts tasks window, hit it off the option Turn User Account Control on or off. (5). If the User Account Control dialog box comes into view, verify that the action it shows is what you want, and after that click Yes. (6). In the Security part of the Windows Solution Center side, clack the option Adjust UAC Settings. (7) On the User Account Control Settings page: To disable UAC, shift the slider to Never notify, and after that click OK. (8). afterward allow UAC or modify levels of notification, shift the slider to the suitable notification alternative, and then click OK.

What you may do is try to modify the MediaMonkey.ini and add PreferLLKeysHook=1 line to [System] section. Also keep in mind that before you add PreferLLKeysHook=1 to MediaMonkey.ini, try to relocate keys straightforwardly within the Tools, from that options and in that Hotkeys. Hope this will work out with your problem If it doesn’t help you out, then I would recommend you to contact MediaMonkey support for further assistance.

The low level keys hook for multimedia keyboards should be in the OPTIONS division, not in the SYSTEM part of the .ini file. This may repair the remote problems. Fix your multimedia keyboard or remote with no commotion.
    1. Shut down the mediamonkey.
    2. After you go at the files appdata\local\MediaMonkey\
    3. Now you open the MediaMonkey.ini file within notepad.
    4. Insert the following line to the options part. Note: create it the first line as shown below.
    [Options]
    PreferLLKeysHook=1
    5. Save the file and shut it.
    6. Create fresh text file in this place, and then name it as the LLKeysHook.txt.
    7. Paste and save the two lines as a result that you identify what the line is and wherever it goes for the next time your cat hits the power key on your system while you’re hearing to song and your .ini file gets reset.

I found a answer for it. The trouble is there itself when the Microsoft software (intellitype) for the keyboard is installed. It is there even in the nearly all latest version. Several users faces this difficulty with MS keyboards of dissimilar kinds. Though, if you uninstall the Microsoft software, the media keys will perform usually with Media Monkey. This does give up some of the additional profit of the keyboard that is the scripting and further hotkeys. If you do not want to give up the added key functionality, the simply dependable option is to begin both Windows Media Player and Media Monkey at the equal time. The activation of WMP does permit the media keys to function normally in MediaMonkey. We can effortlessly perform it by setting up a script on the keyboard to run together programs at the same time until an update to the software is accessible. I hope that will assists you.