Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

why some files don't resume downloading after a while

Windows Software

Old 29-12-2010

why some files don't resume downloading after a while

I try to download a large file from the internet without any download manager in windows xp becaus IE resumes downloading file from where the download has been canceled when you try to download it again, and also i don't want the other features and overhead of download manager, But after a file stops and resumes for three or more times it doesn't resume it at all or sometimes it doesn't resume a file download despite the download link is direct, i wana know that file download resuming depends on what conditons?

Old 29-12-2010

Re: why some files don't resume downloading after a while

Which version of Internet Explorer browser are you using? Because, from what I have heard so far, only the new Internet Explorer 9 has a build in download manager support that can resume downloads even if it is stopped in between. And normally Internet Explorer 9 is not compatible with Windows XP, it will work only in Windows 7 and Vista. So, I am afraid my friend that you have some wrong information, and therefore, should download a Internet Download Manager that supports resume downloading features.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,