Thread: Configure button is grayed out and protocols under streaming proxy is absent in Media Player 12

Configure button is grayed out and protocols under streaming proxy is absent in Media Player 12

I am using Windows 7, 64 bit and facing this issue. Windows media player unable to play the file because the particular protocol is not supporting. If you enter a URL in the open URL dialog box try using a dissimilar transport protocol. When I seem at tools options network icon I observe that under streaming proxy settings it’s empty. On a system that works fine I have two HTTP Browser and RTSP None. On this system that not succeed its empty and the configure icon is grayed out so I am unable to modify these settings. I have deleted windows media player 12 and set it back on the system and restarted yet none of these settings are reverse and still the configure button is grayed out.

Re: Configure button is grayed out and protocols under streaming proxy is absent in Media Player 12

This problem can happen if any one of the following situation is true:
    If The Wmnetmgr.dll file is not registered.Remember that The Wmnetmgr.dll file is situated in the C:\Windows\System32 folder.If the Wmsdkns.xml file is damaged or corrupted. Remember that The file is windows media player's network namespace file. If the Wmsdkns.xml file has not correct permissions.I would suggest you to try the some steps by referring to the inbuilt fixit utility.

Re: Configure button is grayed out and protocols under streaming proxy is absent in Media Player 12

I would recommend you to try the following steps, to carry out these steps you require to start the computer as an administrator.Then you need to register the wmnetmgr.dll file in eminent command prompt. Then Click on start then enter cmd in the search box. Click right button on cmd that come out on the start menu below programs and click on Run as administrator. Now start the command regsvr32 wmnetmgr.dll. After this restart your computer and check again.

Here I having some steps for you by whom you possibly resolve your problem. First you need to delete file Wmsdkns.xml. This file is located in the
    C:\Users>your username>AppData>Local>Microsoft>Windows Media>12.0 folder.
    Later than you delete it, Windows Media Player will regenerate the Wmsdkns.xml file. Then you need to restart the computer once and verify to see if the problem is continue or solved. If it is not solved then you can contact o the support center for this.

I just created an account for the sole purpose of verifying CitricAcid's fix as posted directly above.

I encountered this mysterious problem with no longer being able to stream through Windows Media Player 12 (running Win7 x86) and have been stymied up until finding this message board. So I did what CitricAcid said to do. I went and found Wmsdkns.xml (there were only 2 files in the folder), and deleted it. Then I started up the Media Player (not connected to anything, and not playing anything, just opened the Media Player to see if I had irrevocably broken it or anything else of a dire nature) and verified that it was still there and still working. Then I restarted my machine. Once rebooted, I clicked on a link in Firefox (I'm using the Media Player plugin for Firefox) that goes to one of the streaming local surf cams that I use to check the surf with before I head to the beach, and lo and behold, it was back, up and running!

It looks as if no one else has bothered to stop and take the time to confirm that CitricAcid's fix actually works, so I figured I'd be the guy to do it.

Kindest thanks, CitricAcid, and thanks also to the nice people who run this TechArena forum. If I ever see any of you in the water, I'll be sure and let you have a tasty wave or two, ok?

Thanks again.