Thread: How to uninstall MS Office 2011 from Mac OS

How to uninstall MS Office 2011 from Mac OS

I am having one problem and i need your help to sort out the same issue. I have installed the Microsoft Office 2011 in my Mac OS running desktop computer but i am not liking it and wanted to uninstall the same. I am not finding any way to uninstall the same. Is there any tools which will uninstall the same from the system. If you can then please help me with "How to uninstall MS Office 2011 from Mac OS". Thanks in advance.

Re: How to uninstall MS Office 2011 from Mac OS

It very simple to uninstall the application from the Mac OS. All you have to do is to find the Application which you wanted to remove and then you have to Drag the same to the Trash which will uninstall the application from the system. So if you can then go through the same and see whether this working with the removal of the application from system. I hope this will help you to remove the application from the system.

You can also use the AppZapper for Mac to remove the Microsoft Office 2011 from your system. There is little to have to find fault with defectors from the Windows camp on Mac OS X, but the missing uninstaller certainly is one. How do I uninstall an application? For this there are several independent programs on the Mac. One of these is AppZapper [1], now in version 2.0. It goes faster with AppZapper: One to delete the program draws on the AppZapper icon, and the helper displays all associated files lurking somewhere in the system. Then they can select to delete individually by moving "Zap!" In the trash. In version 2.0 user interface is in addition to a revised or " Hit List [2] "have been added. Instead of digging in the Applications folder shows "Hit List" of all the installed programs and related files. Click on "Zap!" They are then cleared away all at once.

To remove Office for Mac 2011, create a script that moves the following folders to the Trash:

/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/
    /Applications/Remote Desktop Connection
    /Applications/Microsoft Communicator
    /Applications/Microsoft Messenger
    /Users/username/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/Office 2011/
    /Users/username/Library/Logs/<Communicator logs>
    /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/
    /Users/username/Documents/Microsoft User Data/
    /Library/Automator
    /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/MAU2.0/
    /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/MERP2.0/
    /Library/Fonts/Microsoft
    /Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.office.licensing.plist
    /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper.plist
    /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper
    /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/<all SharePoint files>
    /Library/Receipts/<all Office 2011 files> on Mac OS X v10.5 (Leopard)
    /var/db/receipts/com.microsoft.office.* on Mac OS X v10.6 (Snow Leopard)
    Note: You can install Office for Mac 2011 side by side with an earlier version of Office. However, if you want users to use only Office for Mac 2011, remove the earlier version.

Only for Mac users: Mac OS X is a wonderful operating system, anything can be managed with a simple drag and drop, even to uninstall a program works like this: this can easily be uninstalled by dragging it into the trash. Unfortunately, during this rapid removal, some files related software uninstalled not deleted and remain to smear the memory of your Mac! There is applied equally beautiful that solves this problem. Many application during the installation shall also provide an uninstall file, the "unistall". Unfortunately, many software are not equipped with that item, and for these we must rely on the tools offered by Mac OS X.you must drag the software into the trash and use the spotlight to find all related documents and also delete them manually. To skip this process have been put in place several programs, many fee-for example, App Zapper - and also other free-Cleaner-App. Without calling into question the effectiveness of the share-and freeware software found on the web, today we offer a program very appropriate to the context. Trash This is Me, a freeware software that will help you make an uninstall fast, comprehensive and just as simple: Trash Me also uses the system's intuitive Drag and Drop, or, simply drag the program you want to uninstall and Trash I will point out all the related documents (directories, txt, temporary files, etc) so as to eliminate it all!

TrashMe is a free utility for Mac OSX Snow Leopard. Easy to use, this software can not only delete a document or record, but also remove an application and all its associated components: the files - preferably, cache, temporary files. - Which are often scattered in many cases the system. Powered by a simple drag and drop TrashMe closes automatically after you uninstall an application. If freeware AppTrap , AppCleaner or CleanApp you did not entirely satisfactory, it may be an opportunity to test TrashMe.