Thread: Unable to activate Microsoft office 2010

Unable to activate Microsoft office 2010

I just bought a Dell laptop in which I included a version of Microsoft Office 2010. But when I enter the validation key, the server responds Invalid Key. So I think that it because of some kind of fault from my side so I have entered the code once again but no fix. I repeated several times trying to commit to no avail. What must I have to do in order to activate this software? If you have any suggestion then please share it. Regarding this I have visited many of the forum site but not able to get proper fix for my query.

Re: Unable to activate Microsoft office 2010

The requested key is certainly that of Office trial version and not that of Windows. Activation is normally possible by clicking the Office button located on the desktop. If you have problems, uninstall Office from Programs and Features. Download Office 2010, Trial official website I mean that microsoft.com and if you get the final version so it will be great and installs. When I was going through the same situation I have tried that and really it works in my case.

I recently purchased a Dell with Office package: it comes with a card (cardboard about 10x10 cm format of a CD jacket) on which is pasted the activation key of Office, which I returned to installing the software built on the Office disc. But nothing happen. Regarding this I have tried to visit many of the forum sites to get the perfect solution but not get any kind of success. I do not know that why it is happened. I think it is because of some kind of mistake from that side I mean from microsoft side. So now I think I have to contact with them And if regarding this I get any fix then I will sury update over here.

This subject occurs when one of the following situations is true:
    • The OS on which you are attempting to install Office 2010 does not get together the system requirements for the product. For example, you are attempting to install Office 2010 on a Windows XP-based computer that does not have Windows XP Service Pack 3 installed.
    • The Office 2010 Setup program (Setup.exe) is configured to run in compatibility mode. That is, the Setup program is place to run below a exacting operating system, such as Microsoft Windows 95.